4. Let the shipping commence

On the train, Severus is sitting with Lily. I know because I just apparated in. I'm invisible, of course. Lily looks around.

"What was that?"

"No idea."

Word of advice, never try to apparate onto a moving object. It's scary.

That's when I have an idea for what to do in my spare time. I grin, while Lily is still pretty spooked.

"It sounded like a pop."

"Probably some prankster or something."

Hey, Mama Bird.

I sit down on his other side, touching his arm lightly to let him know where I am.

Do you have an owl yet?

Of course not.

Can I be your owl?

Are you an animagus?

No, but I can become one. My patronus is an owl, so maybe my animagus form is one.

Cool. Is that why you're called Mama Bird?

Nope. I have no idea how I came up with that name.

So it's not your real one?

No. And before you ask, I'm not going to tell you my real one just yet. That's also reserved for the day you find out everything about me.

Which is?

The day I leave to go die or whatever old people do.

You're so weird.

I know.

For the rest of the journey, Severus talks to Lily. I just sit there and grin at my OTP.

Let the shipping commence.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

"Why hello, Snivellous." Sneers James. "So nice to see you. Not!"

Severus grits his teeth. "I don't think you want to be late for class, Potter. It's our first day."

"What's wrong, Snivelly? Is nobody coming to the rescue this time?"

Let me.

No. I want to do this myself.

Fine. If he uses that hex I will kick him to the curb, though.

Whatever you say.

"Get away from me, Potter."

"What if I don't want to?"

"Then I'll disarm you again."

For a second, James's eyes flicker in recognition.

"That couldn't have been you. You didn't say anything." He says finally.

"Oh yeah? There's this thing called nonverbal spells, Potter. You evidently haven't heard of them."

"If you're done being a git, I'd like to get through. In case you hadn't noticed, it's our first day and I don't want to be late." He says irritably.

Excuse me?

Um, you can't just do that.

He pushes past Severus, and walks right into me. I gasp.

"What was that?" He exclaims, stepping backwards.

"Um... Nobod... Nothing. What are you talking about? There's nothing there, Potter." Sensing what Severus is about to do, I move out of the way as he waves a hand right through where I was. "You must be imagining things. It's not the first time."