chapter 21 - His bedroom

Something was banging and it just got louder with every beat, causing heavy pain in my temple. It was getting unbearable and I was trying to reach out to whatever it was to stop but my hands were restricted. I opened my eyes and blinked multiple times to see what was in front of me but all I could see was darkness. I tried to rub my eyes with my hands but again I couldn't reach out. I was scared of darkness and was breathing heavily to catch my breath. It was getting difficult to breath and I felt like I was being strangled. My legs were bent close to my stomach and I tried to stretch out but there was no space. My head hit something hard, intensifying my head ache. I tried pushing the top part with my elbows and knees and the nails on it pierced into my skin causing unbearable pain and I screamed. That's when I realized that I was trapped inside a box, unaware of what I was surrounded with that could possibly harm me.

I tried screaming for help, for someone to come and rescue me. My mouth was covered with a cloth and my hands couldn't reach to remove it. There was very little space and the fear of being pricked by the nails again forced me to stop moving. I screamed as loudly as I could but it came out as a whimper. I shut my eyes tight and silently prayed to the Almighty to help me.

"Beta everything is going to be alright. Please stop crying", my father said from the other side of the door.

"I'm... I'm scared", I said and continued crying holding my Barbie close to my heart.

"Lets play a game alright?. Let's sing your favorite rhyme and by the time you are finished, we will unlock the washroom door ok?"

"Ok. If you're happy and you know it clap your hands"

*Clap* *clap*

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands"

*Clap* *clap*

"If you're happy and you know it and you really want to show it, "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands"

*Clap* *clap*

The door unlocked and I clapped loudly with joy and ran into my father's arms.

"I told you we'll get you out. Didn't I?"

"If your ha.... Happy and you... you know it", I tried to sing the song hoping that someone would let me out. I took a deep breath and started over, "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands"

*Clap* *clap*

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands"

*Clap* *clap*

Something vibrated near my chest and I jolted wondering if it was an insect. I had a flashback of the time when Ayaan had gone to his room after tying me, I had grabbed my phone from the table and hid it inside my bra to call for help the moment I could. He must not had noticed that my phone was with me when he put me in the box.

I successfully reached my phone and it was a text from Rayan. I was at home as my phone was connected to the WiFi and without thinking further, I called him. My heart was racing hoping that he would answer.

"Hello."

For a moment I went blank listening to his voice. I had been avoiding it for so long and finally when I heard it, I didn't know what to say. I had goosebumps. I gained back my senses and tried to tell him to please help me but it came out as a whimper.

"Hello Safa? Are you alright? Say something", he sounded worried.

There was no way that he could listen to me. I disconnected the call and started typing.