chapter 29 - Beautiful memories

It was a very long and adventurous day and Ayaan was making it worse with his repulsive comments. I chose not to respond and tried to get in when he swung his body in front of me.

“Where do you think you are going?”, He asked. He had a smirk which shouted evil.

“It’s freezing outside. Please let me in”, I said as softly as I could. But my anger was reflected in my tone.

“Aah I see. Now that your lover is gone, you want to play with me.”

I closed my eyes in disgust. I couldn’t believe that I was married to a man who would think that low of me, let alone say it. Instead of arguing and getting locked out again, I passed by him to my room. He followed me in and laughed.

“What is wrong with you? Why are you doing this?”, I was almost in tears.

“You think you can fool me? Living under my roof and having a relationship with another man. If I were you, I would had suicided”, he said in a rough tone.

“Do you realize what you are saying?”, his words struck me like thousand arrows to my heart.

He came closer, every footstep he took towards me sent goosebumps down my body. He came close to my ear and whispered, “your days of enjoyment are over.”

“Enjoyment?”, I chuckled. “Can you please explain what enjoyment means in your dictionary? Is it living like strangers with your wife? Demeaning her to the extent that she loathe's herself? Or making her plead you to stop torturing her because you get a kick out of it?”

“Shut up!”

As the adrenaline started to wear out, I realized what a blunder I had committed. I wanted to be the one who would calm him in tough situations but this time I triggered his rage and it was completely my fault. He was furious but he didn’t attack me. He just stood there breathing heavily with his jaws clenched and fists tight.

In a split second I crashed on the floor. Current passed through my elbow, causing shooting pains up and down my arm. I mourned in pain and tears started gushing through my eyes. It was unbearable for me, the physical pain and the stab in my heart.

Though our marriage wasn’t the perfect one, it was not the worst. It was the worst thing a man could tell to his wife. I knew he doubted that I was secretly seeing Rayan, but to listen to it from him was way more painful. He didn’t abuse me just physically, but he abused my character and trust. That was the only way left for him to stain me.

Though I was hurt, he was hurt too and it was on me to fix things as much as I could. I went and knocked on his bedroom door and waited for him to respond. I had a flash back of what had happened when I opened the door without him letting me in and I didn’t want to face it again. Instead, I kept knocking until he opened the door.

“This is not a good time. Go away”, he said and was about to close the door when I raised my hand to hold it.

“Please listen to me once”, I insisted and he went back in and sat on the bed, without shutting the door.

I took a deep breath to pull myself together, to forget about his earlier comment and have a conversation with him with an open mind before I went in. I sat in front of him on the floor with folded legs and held his hand. He didn’t pull back and that gave me hope.

“I’m sorry. I was freezing and I didn’t know that he took me to his car. I swear I thought it was you. I would no way go with anyone else”, I hesitated before I continued, “I know about your condition.”

I waited for him to say something but his lips sealed. I continued, “I know that it must be difficult and I know that it’s not easy for you to trust again. You will be fine and I am with you through everything. We can do this together. Right?”