chapter 26 - Peek-a-boo

All good things come to an end. And so did Safa’s happiness. I must say it wasn’t my fault, she asked for it. I wonder why she has to ruin everything by getting close to me?
Her question about sleeping separately awoke the beast. I wanted to give her a verbal answer but the beast loved physical form of expression. It wanted to let loose and I tried to suppress it until it took over and punched her in the face. I apologized to her for the beast’s action even though I was not at fault. But that bitch pushed me away. How dare she!
I was furious and hit her in the head, she barely saw it coming. It laughed when it saw her panting body half dead on the floor with blood staining her nose. And it laughed more that I was turning into it.
But something in my chest suffocated, like a tone of weight was dropped on it.
Was it seeing Safa in that state? Or was it because of my dying self control?

I turned the phone over and sighed. It took me several moments before I could think. How could a person feel sad and happy at the same time? It was like two different people trapped in one body. Ayaan referred to his inner voice as a separate being. It was confusing me greatly as I could barely relate to what he was going through, all by himself. Even after knowing his state, there was nothing that I could do to help him.

Was it really his inner voice or was he actually possessed. All I knew was that my love for him was strong enough to not give up on him without trying to help him. If only he would let me help him.

I wanted to read another entry but noticed that it was the last one I had taken a picture of. Desperate as I was to learn more about him, I had no choice but to wait until he was off to work the next morning.

After what had happened last night, I was curious to know what he had written. I hardly slept the night and couldn’t wait to get my hands on his diary. After making sure that he had left for work, I went inside his room and saw the diary on the table, the same place I had seen it the last time. Thanking God, I took the diary and started reading the last entry.

We had a very interesting evening. The best so far, for me at least.
Though she avoided eye contact, her body language confessed her love for that bastard. How dare he talk back to me? Does he not know about the consequences Safa will have to face for his shortcomings? Such a fool I say.
Safa was quiet calm and didn’t react, even though I got him fired. I was trying to get her in mood, to seduce the beast, to make it crave for her. But she failed. It was a little disappointed as it didn’t witness any of her blood or tears. It wanted to storm into her room and satisfy his hunger. But I convinced it to wait.
I knew she never loved me. She is not worthy of my love and reputation and I am bored. I am done playing with her but the beast wants a little more. It’s time to get rid of her. But how will I tell her this you ask?
Easy.
She just has to come over to the drawing room.

My hands started trembling at the last sentence and I couldn’t move. My heart raced and palms started to sweat with the anticipation of what was on the other side of the door.

He was onto me. He knew that I was in his room. He knew that I was reading his diary. I had two options at that moment, either to wait there for him to come and get me or to go outside and face what was on the other side of the door. All I knew was that I shouldn't be scared of him anymore, my weakness only made him stronger.

With shaky legs, I moved towards the drawing room and peeped out of his room with my phone held tightly in my hand. There was no one there and I took a breath of relief. I went back in to place the diary exactly were it was.

There was a framed picture of a quote on his table which I hadn't noticed before. I took it in my hands and read 'what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger'. I didn't understand what exactly it meant. It could either motivate him to suppress the beast or ignite it. I placed the frame back in it's place and was about to leave the room when I sensed a warm breath by my shoulder. I froze when he whispered.

“Peek-a-boo”

__________

Hello my lovely readers 🥰,

Now I know that this is a very short chapter but I didn’t want the next part to he included in this one.
Hope you enjoyed this short part of the book and will shower it with love and likes.

Much love ❤️❤️❤️