Chapter 28 - Confrontation

“Please let me in”, I could hardly hear my voice this time. It might had been the tenth time I had begged him to open the door.

My legs were shaking and my feet were starting to numb. The constant shivering had started an usual pain in my back. My sweater and fleece leggings were not helping  anymore. No matter how much I stuffed my hands in my arm pits, it couldn’t give me the slightest warmth. I had goosebumps all over my arms and the sudden jerks in my body were repeating at shorter intervals.

I looked around and everything was white and the continuous snowfall was making it difficult to get a clear view. As much as I admired snowfall, I preferred it better while I was curled up in my bed looking out the window than be at the other side of it.

I couldn't believe he kicked me out of my house when it was snowing, knowing that it was freezing outside. It wasn't fault that I called him heartless and to live up to what I had said, he did the exact thing.

I ran to the garage and tried lifting up the door. Though it was not locked, I wasn’t able to lift it. The snow had jammed it and my body was loosing strength to try harder to open it. I could hardly see the road and there was no sight of a single person around whom I could ask for help. My only aim at that moment was to get to a place where I wouldn’t freeze and die. I ran back to the house entrance and started banging the door with all my strength.

“Ayaan I was wrong. You’re not heartless. Please let me in. I’ll freeze to death this way”, I said and slid to the floor, curling myself into a ball to try to get a little warmth. I wanted to get help from the neighbors but it was impossible for me to walk, even though they were a few feet away.

“If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands”

*Clap**clap*

I was hardly audible. My voice shaky and teeth chattering. My hands were shivering and I was hardly able to get them close enough to clap. Yet I continued, with the hope that Ayaan would open the door and let me in.

“If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands”

*Clap**clap*

Sudden warmth spread through my back as I felt a light weight on it and I was lifted from the icy floor. Warm hands embraced me and held me close to his hard chest. It felt surreal to be that close to him and I was wanting for more. I tried to lift up my head to see him but the shivering hadn’t gone yet. I was placed on a confined place, which was not familiar and vrry uncomfortable. Yet the tiny space didn’t matter as it was soothing my shivering body. He covered me with something and I snugged into it.

I felt a jerk and it almost felt like the place started moving, but I couldn’t push away the blanket and look around. My body was going through things that it never had been through before. I just lay there embracing the warmth bringing my body back to life. I could feel my legs and they weren’t shaking anymore. I heard a honk and slowly moved the blanket away to see what was going on.

I wasn’t inside the house and I wasn’t covered with a blanket. I was in a car covered by a jacket. My heart started racing as I couldn’t recognize the car I was in and shifted to see the man who was driving.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?”, I asked in anger but my voice came out shaky. My voice still not recovered.

“Taking you to the doctor”, he said. Clenching his jaws.

“Who do you think you are? How dare you get me in your car without my permission?”, I screamed at him but it came out scratchy and rough. Even though it my hurt, I couldn't keep myself from talking.