we're creatures of the night

**I can't tell you guys how much I love you all. I'm serious. For those that have read the first part of my other story and already messaged me, I can not thank you enough. Everyone on Wattpad has become like a family to me. To the point where I feel that I can share things like that openly.

♚ ♛

TUCKED INTO A SMALL nook on the corner of the street, a thin iron fence wrapped around an open area that lead to a late night laundromat.

"A laundromat?" I giggled, looking up to him. "You brought me to a laundromat?"

"Couples that do laundry together stay together." Soren teased, grabbing my hand firmly.

My brows flew up at his simple words. A couple?

Where the hell was this going? What was Soren on?

He ducked down to drop a kiss on my lips and every warning in my brain seemed to vanish. Soren obliterated all of my senses. Licking my lips when he pulled away, I lazily opened my eyes to see him staring at me.

Those green eyes were like stormy nights. Tempting to get lost in. Swallowing, I tried to give him a smile so he couldn't sense my own confliction. Soren. Soren was everything.

But I couldn't keep losing myself in him. Safety was our priority.

"C'mon, princesa." Soren gently lulled before dragging me to the door.

A small bell chimed when we stepped in. It seemed to echo in the empty space. A narrow path of washers and dryers lead to a white desk at the back of the laundromat, showing a short woman behind it.

As soon as Soren took a step forward, the dark haired woman looked up slowly. "Ah...mijo, hace mucho tiempo que no te veía."

There was a soft smile on her face that complimented her faint wrinkles. With dark hair pushed back into a bun, she met Soren's gaze. His hand was heavy on my lower back as we pushed forward, but his voice was friendly. "Ah, Morena, te extrañé. Me alegre de verte."

Who was this woman?

As her dark eyes finally dropped down to mine, I gave her what I hoped was a friendly smile. Soren had all these dark nooks in the city where he knew normal people. People that liked him, people that weren't trying to kill him. "You bring a woman?" She asked with a teasing voice, breaking into English.

"Sí, mi amante."

Her brows rose and her eyes widened. "¿Amante?"

", Morena..." we stopped in front of the desk and I found that I was already fidgeting at how small it felt. There was only one exit. "Lacey."

I smiled at her, taking in the dark strands that framed her face and the slight exhaustion in her expression. Before she could say anything, I muttered, "Mucho gusto."

Those friendly eyes washed over me quickly before darting to Soren. "Why you bring her here such odd hours?"

"We're creatures of the night." Soren drawled playfully. His fingers pressed lower down my back, lingering over the waistband of my jeans. When I squirmed slightly, he only slid lower, his eyes darting down to mine quickly. "Como animales. ¿Sí?"

Pushing my hair behind my ear, I slipped out of his hold in time for Morena to come rushing around the desk. And then suddenly, her fast fingers were flitting over my dark clothes, pinching and pulling and tucking as she spewed something frantic in Spanish. Finally, she stepped away, but only to place a hand on her hip and wag a finger in my face. "You look good for him. Dirty, but good for him."