lust is an empty word

**I don't condone this. We already know Soren has some manipulative tendencies. Yes, he's sweet and he does love her, but those things don't just go away.

BUT. Who is ready for some 50 shades of Soren? 😅 LOL JK, just more smut. UNEDITED SMUT. 🔥🔥

UPDATE 12/31/21: THE (REMOVED) GIF FROM THIS CHAPTER ALMOST GOT C&B TAKEN DOWN LMAOOOO 😏🤪

♚ ♛

"SOREN."

"Hmmm?"

"What are we doing?"

He released my hand gently before sliding into the booth. I took the opposite side with a quirked brow, watching him look around. "Soren. You said that Adrian talked to Mateo."

"Mhmmm." He darted up from his seat to pull at the half open blinds beside our table that revealed the sidewalk. As soon as they cascaded closed, we were engulfed in the dim, smoky aura of the nearly empty diner. "Yeah, I'm going to meet with him tomorrow."

It was like watching a moving painting. As his eyes wavered over the deserted space, tints of blue and pink washed over him in a shower of hazy light. Moving with each quick jerk of his head. "You're not going to beat him."

It wasn't a question.

"No, Lacey," Soren grumbled, climbing onto the seat to pull at the blinds at the next booth. It only blanketed us further into the quasi darkness, sinking into the colors from the lights above. "I'm going to get him to talk."

"I want to go with you. It's part of this new plan, right?"

He didn't say anything. As he scrambled back into the seat in the dim corner of the all night diner, his lips twitched up.

What was wrong with him right now?

"Soren."

"Mmmm?"

His eyes wandered in a restless manner, never swaying to mine.

"Soren."

This time, they slid to me. With a playful look, he asked, "What?"

"What is this?"

A soft, blue light brushed along his cheeks as his grin quirked higher. "A date. Duh."

Both of his hands slid across the table to grasp mine. I rolled my eyes, linking our fingers together as I looked around.

I knew this place. This diner.

I'd been here before.

Soren tugged my hands up to his lips, making my gaze snap back to his. Laying a soft kiss on the top of my hand, he gave me a sweet smile. "I've always wanted to take you on a date."

My brows rose. "Yeah?"

He nodded frantically, as if he was trying to convince me. "Siempre."

"And you always imagined that it would be at three in the morning?" I teased lightly. Captivated by the way he was holding me hostage with a single look, I could barely feel the light caresses along my fingers.

"The city that never sleeps, princesa. Which means neither do we."

A slow, cheesy grin crept onto my face. I was happy that he looked better. It had only taken two days of rest and cuddling to nurse his cheek back to its normal complexion.

"You know that's not true."

Soren had been exhausted. It hadn't taken long for him to break again. After a shower, he'd crawled into bed with those glassy eyes and timidly asked for besos.