are we not going to make up?

♚ ♛

I HIT HIM.

Not a slap.

I smashed my fist across his cheek.

Anger rolled through me so intensely that I didn't regret it at all.

"Ah, carajo," Soren cursed as his head whipped to the side. Anger rolled through me so intensely that I didn't regret it at all. "You're getting better at that."

Something strangled came through my clenched teeth when he flipped to face me with those blazing eyes. "What the fuck, Soren? Why didn't you tell me?"

Soren shrugged. "I didn't think you'd be into making a porno."

Oh my fuck.

Another choked sound ripped through me as I grabbed his collar. "So you just manipulated me into doing it without telling me?" I thrust him back against the door forcefully. "That is so fucked up. You realize that, right?"

A fucking porno. A porno. A porno.

The words just rang through me. A porno.

Seth had seen us. Seth had seen us.

"What is wrong with you?" I seethed, biting back a cry. Tears welled in my eyes as I looked over his entire face. His eyes had dimmed slightly, but the blooming red mark on his cheek was bright enough to knock me back a step. I'd just hit him again.

I shrunk away from him in disbelief, wobbling on shaky legs. This was so wrong.

He'd seen us. Fuck, he'd seen us.

"Oh my god. Oh my god." I was suddenly gasping, running my shaky hands through my hair, glancing around the room in a panic. Where were they? Where were the cameras?

"Listen, Lace." Frantic desperation clouded his command, making me snap my gaze back to him. "You can beat the shit out of me after. Right now, I just need to get you out of here."

He took one timid step towards me, and I snarled. "Stop. Don't."

Soren froze instantly, his expression falling. For a manipulative motherfucker, he did pretty well with blatant consent. Inches away, he stilled, watching me as if I was about to strike.

Truthfully, I wanted to.

Something about the broken look on his face made me even angrier. "You have no idea what you just did," I rushed out, turning to grab my dress from the floor. "You have no idea."

As I slipped it over my head, he approached gingerly, a teasing grin wavering on his face. "Actually, I do. I did you."

I froze, a feral sound threatening to crawl up my throat. "This isn't funny." I clenched my fists together to resist the urge to attack him. "How the fuck did you know there were cameras?"

Tugging at the hem on my dress, Soren gestured to the door. I slipped out of his hold and ripped the door open angrily. I didn't want him touching me right now.

As soon as we stepped into the dark hallway, the slam of the door echoed around us. Soren reached for my hand. "Tell me."

"He installed them a few years ago."

That wasn't an answer, but I couldn't be bothered to ask for another one. That answer alone knocked the breath out of me.

A few years ago?

He'd known about my apartment all along.

Apparently, he'd always known. And he'd been watching.