after we burn the world down, we rebuild it

**HOLY HOT HELL. FOR REAL. This seriously blew up the other day. There were so many new faces and comments and beautiful, beautiful people. Any of my new readers mind telling me how they found this story?

Irregardless, thanks for sticking around. As always, thanks to all my lovely friends that have been with this story for sooo long. And thanks to everyone that is just hopping on this runaway train. It's bumpy, but I hope you're enjoying it ❤️❤️

♚ ♛

"LACE."

It was a soft murmur against my neck, one that had me humming in pleasure.

"Laaaaacey."

His hot breath tickled my ear and I squirmed against his body, giggling breathlessly.

"Soooooren." I teased back, as he brushed his fingers down my side lightly.

It was a line of fire. Every single gentle touch was like flames licking up my skin, peeling at all the nerves in my body.

A warm, wet trail pressed against the crook of my neck when his fingers slid back up to my arm. His tongue. Just the feeling made me close my eyes and imagine everything again.

"Mmm. Goosebumps." He mumbled in a sensual tone, giving me a quick nip that made me jerk against him. "I didn't know I gave you goosebumps."

"Sometimes, you give me heart attacks."

His raspy chuckle was deep, pulling at all the right chords in my body. "Heart attacks?"

Nuzzling my neck over his arm, I blinked my eyes open to see his long fingers in front of me. I couldn't stop myself from reaching for his hand, but before I could intertwine our fingers, I lingered above the veins on the inside of his wrist.

Why did he have to be so beautiful?

Inhaling shakily, I traced them all the way to his palm before I finally linked our hands together.

"Yes, heart attacks." I told him honestly, pressing my nose into the curve of his arm. He smelt like smoke and sweat and the smallest hint of laundry detergent. And it actually drove me wild. "All the time."

Soren merely hummed in response, never faltering on his slow, torturous assault down to my bare hips.

"Don't I give you goosebumps?" I asked, dragging our interlocked hands to my lips. He shuddered slightly against my back when I placed a kiss on the top of his hand. "Heart attacks?"

Soren gave me another soft laugh. "More like migraines."

Ouch.

I knew he was kidding, but I couldn't help but still. There was that familiar teasing tone in his voice that made my chest ache. I'd never thought about the fact that I was in over my head with Soren. He was charming and playful and amorous, but did I affect him in even a fraction of the way that he affected me?

Soren detached his hand from mine, only to flip me over to face him. "You know what you do to me."

I did. His hard cock pressing against my thigh was enough proof that I affected him. But Soren made it hard for me to think, hard for me to breathe. He absolutely destroyed all of my common sense.

For some reason, my heart sank at the thought that I didn't do the same to him. I rolled my eyes slightly, but Soren grabbed my hand and placed it onto his chest gently. "You know."

My breath caught when he went silent. Underneath my palm, his heart raced wildly.

Breathe.