you looked breathtaking in white

**YOU GUYS. I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE AMAZED. I can't thank you all enough. ❤️❤️

I'm seriously baffled by how the last chapter affected everyone. These characters have become my life. That last chapter literally took a piece of my soul. So reading your comments and getting the undying love (but no besos) was the best part. I'm glad that you all care so much about them. I LOVE YOU GUYS. ❤️

I try to make this story as realistic as possible. This HAPPENS. Lacey would never bring him to a hospital. Never.

I hope this chapter makes up for all the heartache. 💔 SEND ME BESOS.

♚ ♛

I HADN'T SAID IT enough. I hadn't gotten to tell him I loved him enough.

Red. So much fucking red.

I'd always loved the color red.

My fingers fumbled through that sanguine ocean, peeling the shirt off his body viciously to expose the wound. So much blood.

Bleeding through the soaked material, pooling around his body, engulfing my entire wrist.

So much fucking blood.

"No, Soren..." I sobbed, probing the raw wound. My nails scraped along the skin with precision as I inhaled shakily. Blurring in front of me, Soren was a smear of tan and red and black. Dark hair, tan skin, and blood.

Always getting hurt.

I couldn't take the bullet out. All I could do was stop the bleeding.

In the dim, white lights inside the garage, I spared a glance at his face, skewed with tears. Bruises littered his face in various shades and his lips were swollen, crusted with dry blood. "Soren...no, no, no...."

This couldn't end this way.

A violent cough tore up his throat and with it, a crimson shower that stained the concrete. His head lolled to the side weakly, sending his curls swaying to the ground. No, no, no.

Sparks of urgency ran through my limbs as I moved in a frenzy. Reaching for the gauze beside me, grabbing his cheeks gently, whispering frantically. I pressed a large, clean clot of gauze to his torso in desperation, crying in frustration when the blood seeped through the thin material immediately. "No, no, no! This can't- this- it's..."

Another shaky breath.

I could do this. I just had to figure out how to do it.

A nurse. If my mom were here, she'd know how to do it. For one long second, I'd wished that I had gone to medical school like she fucking wanted.

I'd be able to save him.

"Soren, please, you... this is-"

My plea broke off into another violent sob, shaking my entire frame. He couldn't hear me. Soren couldn't hear me. Soren Calloway was unconscious.

Wrapping the material around him, my eyes darted up to his face. All the color in his cheeks had faded to a sickly shade, his tan complexion washed out. His lashes were still and his lips were parted with dark spots of fresh blood.

He was fucking unresponsive.

Something sharp pierced my heart as my trembling fingers travelled up to his throat in a haste. I didn't want to feel it. I didn't want to confirm what I already knew.