there's no one i'd rather have by my side

**NEW COVER WHHHHAAAAT?  Do we like it? ❤️

So I seriously have been writing so much of this story and watching WAY TOO MUCH Narcos Mexico... to the point where I actually started to write half of my psych paper in Spanish before realizing I had to change it 😂😂 Anyone else watching it on Netflix?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm SO READY to meet Seth. 😅

♚ ♛

SOREN EXHALED INTO THE crook of my neck, his hot breath fanning across the sweaty skin. "You're okay." His grip tightened as he nuzzled further into me, planting a kiss that made me dizzy. "You're okay."

A heavy silence settled in the apartment. Avoiding the perplexed expressions over his shoulder, I closed my eyes and sank into his arms. "I'm okay."

Just as I relaxed, Soren jerked back, slipping his fingers along my jaw urgently. Tilting my chin until I met his gaze, he froze. With worry etched into every single wave crashing in those green oceans, he examined my entire face.

Breathe.

That one breath came out shaky. I knew what he was doing. Because for one long moment, we were both doing the same thing — probing over every inch of exposed skin for any type of injury. My fingers danced up along his neck to cup his cheeks softly as I murmured, "I'm not hurt."

And those three words unleashed something.

Soren dove for a fierce kiss without hesitation, tangling his fingers into my hair to keep me in place. I stumbled into his chest before melting into the savage action.

He was always here.

Reaching around his neck, I tugged at his curls, letting a small whimper crawl up my throat. It came out muffled between our frantic lips, but I felt Soren's fingers tighten at my roots.

He was always fucking here. I had to stop worrying about him.

When his tongue snaked between my lips, someone coughed. Suddenly, it all came caving in on me. "Oh!" I wrenched away from Soren with warm cheeks, remembering where we were. And what was going on.

Except I didn't know what was really going on.

My eyes darted around the room tensely, but most of them were watching us in amusement.

Finally, I rolled back around to find Adrian leaning against the wall behind us. "Not here," he drawled with a sly smile. "The children are watching."

It didn't matter. Soren didn't care.

He twisted me to face him, placing another soft, lingering kiss on my lips. "I thought you were...fuck, I didn't know what happened."

Neither did I.

"You're really not hurt," he muttered in disbelief as his shaky hands drifted down to my neck. "You're not hurt."

I tried to sound comforting when said, "I'm fine."

Pregnant. But fine.

Truthfully, I was crumbling. Everything was crumbling. If what they said was true about Seth's men, we weren't safe anywhere. But I guess that had always been true.

Soren tucked me back under his chin. "Oh, thank god."

"Actually," Adrian chimed in amusement, "you can thank me. I was there with her."

And then Soren did something that surprised us both. "Muchísimas gracias, Adrian."

It was breathless and grateful and it made Adrian freeze. Quirking a brow at him, he asked, "The bigger question is why you weren't there? I left you and Mateo an hour before."