everyone is a natural killer

♚ ♛

"I...I DON'T KNOW YOU," I muttered, squinting painfully against the pressure that was blooming in my skull with each movement.

She laughed. It was hard and angry and cold enough to give me chills. "I'm so sick of hearing about you. His little fucking princess."

"I'm not-"

I was cut off with another vicious laugh. "It's cute," she sneered, suddenly ducking towards my face. "The little white girl that everyone is after."

She pulled her blade away slightly and I heaved a breath that I'd been holding.

Breathe.

It all hitched in my throat when she only trailed the cold blade up to my chin. "Dijo que no podía matarte."

He said that she couldn't kill me.

My heart leapt to my throat with a strange anger. What did he still want from me? He'd already taken everything from me. What else could I possibly give him?

Blinking against her hard stare, I tried to slip my fingers into my back pocket silently. She cocked her head to the side in a taunting manner, dragging the tip along my cheek gently. "How the mighty have fallen, no?" Her words were cut with a bitter edge, somehow sharper than her knife. "Not much of a princess anymore."

Why? Why was that what kept coming back to taunt me?

Why had I been branded as a princess? Of all the things?

I couldn't help but roll my eyes as my fingers finally dug the small blade from my pocket. Victory blew through me, but it only lasted a second before she whipped her blade away and shoved me to the ground.

"Ah!" I hissed as my hand slammed against the sidewalk hard enough to send my blade clattering beside me. "Shit."

She blurred in front of me, a mess of swaying hair and angry eyes. Everything swiveled through my stomach in a vicious burn when she ducked into my face again. It threatened to blow beyond my lips in something vile, watching her perfectly glossed lips twist in anger. "We always had to hear about you. Even after you betrayed us all."

Betrayed her? Betrayed them?

Rage boiled up in my veins so violently that I didn't even feel the pain in my skull when my forehead collided with hers.

It didn't even register as she fumbled back haphazardly. Nothing but anger coursed through me. Nothing but anger and action.

No fucking hesitation.

My fist flew across her cheek and she went sprawling backwards.

This crazy bitch. "Betrayed you?" It was a seething white-hot pain that broke through my skin. It came out clenched and vengeful. It spurred me to my feet to throw a harsh kick to her torso. "You don't understand anything."

I betrayed them?

My head spun with the accusation. A dangerous resentment flooded through me and suddenly I was clutching my knife in a shaky grip. Looking down on her with every intent to kill.

She sneered in response. That was all I could make out before her foot crashed forward into both of my legs and my back hit the ground again. It knocked the breath out of me.

A broken gasp came out as I tried to sit up, still clobbering with a knife in my hand. Gravel dug into my palms, pushing harder into the ground while that twisting shadow closed in on me.

"Ahhh!" I gasped again when sharp nails dug into my throat tightly.

I jerked my arm forward, hearing her angry hiss when my knife slipped along the arm that held me. Her grip loosened momentarily, enough for me to throw my other fist up against her face before she could pin it.