IX

"Chenle you can't just stare at somebody for nothing. What's up?"

"You have a pimple." He says bluntly.

"BOI. WHAT? IS IT NOTICABLE? NOOOOO." You frown while taking your phone out to check your face.

"I'm kidding." He chuckles, grabbing your hand once again and squeezing it. He doesn't let go and you feel butterflies in your stomach.

He grabs his earbuds and offers you one as you take it gladly. He plays some music that he and you both like and you recommend songs to him as he does with you.

What is this feeling I'm getting from him? Do friends hang out like this? I doubt it. Jaehyun nor Joe act like this. What's going on with you Y/N?!

Walking back home with him was nice as the music playing soothed your axiety of a first day of school anxiety.

I should do this more often.

A song was playing that you really enjoyed. You had never heard the song but it was really catchy and a really nice one.

"Hey, what song is this?" You ask him as he looked at you.

"It's called Oh My by Seventeen."

"You listen to Seventeen too?!" You smile at him as nobody you had met listened to a lot of boy groups.

"Yeah of course. I like their music a lot." He smiles  at you.

The conversation evolved into a whole debate about what groups have the best concepts or which eras you prefered or even the hair colors of the members.

"I personally like BTS's Jimin's hair when he dyed it like a dark grey kind of color." You said.

"Is that why you dyed your hair like a dark silver?" He asked. Chenle was very interested as to why an average high school student would dye their hair certain colors that weren't very common.

"Partly." You said, truthful in your answer.

Chenle was intruiged as to why it was even dyed at that point. If it was only partly, what had been the other reason?

"Partly? Then why else?" He wondered out loud.

"Well, different reasons. One because I like this color and wanted to dye it this for a while now." You breathed out as a new song had played.

"Another because I like and enjoy dying my hair different colors. Sometimes I feel as if brown is just too boring you know."

Chenle marveled as to how your mindset was towards life. You were so open and liberal he didn't even realize he was just talking to a regular old high school student. But you weren't regular.

"And another reason because I was starting at a new school. I wanted a fresh start. And dying my hair was more of a fresh look. I like it." You smile as you got super deep into reasons for dying your hair.

Realizing you might have rambled or gotten carried away you apologize as Chenle laughed.

"It's alright. We all have our interests." He smiles. The pale moonlight made him look like somebody that didn't even belong on Earth. He looked so beautiful he was almost shining just like the moonlight.

Arriving quickly at your house, he waves goodbye to you.

"Are you sure you don't live far from here?" You ask him before entering.

"I'm fine. Don't worry, I legit live like ten minutes from you."

Feeling unsure, you just wave goodbye as he leaves.