XXXIV

"But you aren't ugly. You're really pretty." He jumps off of the bleachers and pats your head. You shrugged at his comment and looked plainly on the subject.

"Eh, debatable. Your definition of pretty is different than mine."

"Oh? And what's your definition of pretty?" He asked, looking amused.

"I'm not really sure but one thing I do know, is that I have nothing to do with it." You sighed and slumped on the bleachers.

"Well my definition of pretty is this." He fishes out his phone from his pocket and clicks on some apps and stuff.

You become intrigued and lean closer.

"Isn't this literally beauty at it's finest?" When he showed you the phone screen, you were speechless.

He had pulled up the camera on selfie mode, making it show you your reflection.

"H-huh?"

"You're fucking beautiful."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C-Chenle!" You slapped his shoulder while blushing madly. He smiled brightly and tried to hug you while smooching his lips in a playful manner. "S-stop that!" You were going insane from how cute this boy was being.

"Stop acting like you don't like it." He smirked. You shoved his face away from you by pushing his cheek away from you.

He laughed and tried to get closer to you. Your heart was beating so rapidly, you could hear your heart beating in your head, and imagined he could as well.

Chenle was going crazy because of you. Your cute smile and laugh were the things that he was hooked on. He wanted to hear your laugh and see you smile all the time if he could.

"Yah! Get away!" You pushed him away as he laughed and began to chase you. "Yah!" You screamed at him as he almost caught up to you. His hand yanked yours towards him.

But of course, it wouldn't be you if you don't trip. So being the smart asses you and Chenle were, you both kinda just tripped over each other. Since he was way taller and larger than you were, he took you down with him.

Your eyes shut and you gasped, feeling the impact of the concrete floor.

"Oh shit! Are you okay?" You heard Chenle say. You opened your eyes slowly to see that he was on top of you. Your cheeks were heated and a crimson red blush covered his cheeks as well.

"Y-yeah. Somewhat." You smiled softly at him. He rolled your eyes at him. He rolled off of him, still catching his breath. You sat up panting and looking somewhere else. Anywhere but him.

Why do I always end up looking like a fool when I'm with him.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asks you, reassuring himself. He was genuinely concerned since you fell pretty hard

"I-I'm fine." You stuttered. You stood up and dusted your jeans. He smiled and got up as well, dusting his joggers.

"Isn't that like the second time you tackle me down?" He laughed lightly at his remark as your cheeks turn red.

"There is absolutely no reason for you to be keeping track of that." You retorted. He scoffed playfully and just ignored your statement for the mean time. "Do you want me to tackle you again?" You said sarcastically.

"I mean third time's a charm." He winked at you. You didn't know how to respond to that and only knew that your cheeks were extremely red.

"W-What do y-you mean by tha-that?" You stuttered like crazy. You had no idea what he meant by his statement, but whatever it was, it played with your heart.

"Wonder what happens the third time when you tackle me." He smirked and headed closer to you.

"You're such a flirt, you know?" You disregarded his statement and only sat on the bleachers, extremely flustered. He smiled and nodded.

"I know." He chimed out. He resumed your game of HORSE since you only had one more try left.

"It's all or nothing, Chenle." You reminded him. It was a way to try and get to his head. You tried to intimidate him just to throw him off.

He shot the ball in hopes of getting it in. The ball flew into the air, hitting the rim and spinning around a couple if times. None of you were sure if it would make it in. Your hearts were pounding. The ball then tipped over on the rim, falling outside of the hoop. You snickered and he hissed, ticked off.

"Wow! Is that how you play basketball?" You teased him. He frowned, a little angry at what you said.

"No! I play way better!" He defended for himself. He didn't like it when you teased him. He tossed you the ball as you caught it. It kinda hurt your hand.

"Doesn't seem like it. I bet you I can play way better this season." You smiled up at him. He gritted his teeth, slightly annoyed. But his body gave him this rush of adrenaline.

He never really had somebody else to make bets with in basketball. All of his friends played for the same team, so it didn't matter if they made bets. It was never a competition.

If they were to ever make bets inside of their team, it would only tear them apart. Competitions only ever created rivalries, bot teams.

You knew that for a fact.

When you were with your last team. The team captain would always just create bets with you. You took it as a friendly competition, but you were so naive. She was just looking forward to trying and stealing Xiaojun.

She wanted a way to show off her skills, and not to mention her body, just so she could take Xiaojun away from you.

And it hurt so much when you caught him with her. They were kissing by the back of the school, where you normally met up with him. You broke things off that night, only to see them acting like the biggest couple of the school the next day.

It scared you from ever trusting somebody again.

"Oh yeah? Like you could do any better." He retorted to you. Your grip grew on the basketball you were holding.

You broke out of your trance, and looked up at him. He had this fire in his eyes. You liked it.

"Watch me." You step closer to him, your faces mere inches apart.

"I will." He smirked at you.

He looked to your lips and back at your eyes. Without even realizing it, he pecked your lips quickly.

"And if you fail," he began, a smirk growing on his face. "You have to date me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and thats the nctea 🍵