XXXVII

"I love you." He said. He leaned down, closer to you. You glanced at his lips as he tilted his head. You stood on your the tip of your feet, feeling the new sensation of his lips on yours.

Your hands traveled to his cheeks, cupping them while he gave you the sweetest and softest kiss that was so full of love. He pushed himself closer to you as you smiled against his lips, obviously enjoying every second of it.

It was a magical feeling, even better than the one you felt before. Knowing that he loved you back with all his heart and soul was just something you needed.

He was all you needed.

You heard a weird bang that frightened you and Chenle. You pulled away quickly, still really close to each other. Your head slowly turned to look for the source of the noise. Seeing nothing around, Chenle tilted your head back to face him.

"Aren't I so lucky." He smiled at you.

"I'm not sure. Are you?" You asked him, giggling lightly. He smiled brightly at your happiness and how you were so bubbly today.

"If I have you all to myself, then yes. I sure am." He smiled and enveloped you in a hug, raising you up in the air to twirl you.

"You're such a dork." You giggled and he set you down. "But I think you're my dork now."

"I think so too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jesus! Where were you?" Joe said, exhausted from waiting. He already knew what happened, but decided with the guys that it would be best to act as if nothing happened.

"Oh nothing~" You sighed and slumped down, handing Yang Yang his cotton candy and sharing yours with Iris.

"Nothing isn't an answer to 'where have you been'." He looked skeptical at you and you rolled your eyes.

"You know what I mean." You nudged him and he shrugged a little.

"You sure? I saw your ex around here." Yang Yang had concern in his eyes. He too knew what happened, but decided to shut up until you were alone with him. He was dying to ask you so many questions though.

"Were you smooching with Chenle?" Iris fake laughed and made a bunch of faces which made you roll your eyes.

"Of course not. I didn't even kiss Xiaojun, what makes you think I'd kiss him?" You scoffed. All of your friends were amused since they knew the truth. They could only awe at how much you really loved him.

Holy Jesus she really loves this kid.

Yang Yang laughed and looked at the court, seeing the two teams. He found one of them oddly familiar, but couldn't put his finger on it. Maybe it was just his imagination.

"Who are they playing?" Jo asked while leaning on Iris' shoulder to see what she was doing on her phone.

"My old school." You sighed and his eyes widened. He was scared that maybe some people from your school might bully you if they saw you.

"Are you okay? Did anything happen to you?" He worried. You smiled and shook your head.

"I'm all good. Nobody did anything to me. Not... yet." You smiled bittersweetly at the last word you said. It was a scary thought to be surrounded by everyone you once knew. Everyone who used to be supportive of you, and then turned their backs on you.

Especially one person.

Xiaojun didn't really turn his back on you. He knew everything about you, but chose to ignore it. One girl though, she made your life a living hell.