XVII

"I'm just curious because (Y/N) doesn't tell me anything anymore." Jaehyun jokes and Chenle laughs.

"I thought you two were besties?"

"Were."

"That's a lie! You two hang out all the time." Chenle rolls his eyes and Jaehyun acts offended by that.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me Zhong Chenle!"

"Sorry sorry."

Jaehyun turns onto his step feet and slows down as he comes to his friend's house.

Chenle unbuckles his seatbelt and gets out of the car.

"Thanks Hyung! I'll see you at practice tomorrow." He says before slamming the door shut. Jaehyun smiles at him and waits for him to enter his house as he starts the car once again.

Zhong Chenle... I don't think you should mess with (Y/N) a lot. She's already broken. Even more than me...

Chenle glances back one more time and smiles while waving. Jaehyun could see his mother standing at the porch while waving goodbye to him.

Out of politeness, Jaehyun waves goodbye before driving down the street back to his home.

He continues to think of how maybe you hanging around his friends might not be a good choice. Out of all of your friends, he knew you the best and for the longest.

Jaehyun was like the brother you never had. He was always there for you and always checked in on you and took you out a lot. He knew you were lonely and didn't want anything bad to happen to you like it did for somebody close to him awhile back.

He smiled through the pain just like you.

He cared about you so much. He didn't want anything to happen at all.

Driving back, tears brimmed on the corner if his eyes. He remembered things he wanted to forget. Things he promised himself he would forget.

Promises are meant to be broken, Jaehyun.

But that wasn't really working out for him as he still remembered. The face of his loved one. The pain he went through. His agony was returning.

He felt himself driving towards your house instead of his. And as if on cue, you texted him as he waited at a stop light.

Bitchacha
Ay yo
Hitman Bang here
Sksksksksk just kidding
But like you forgot your wallet
Ya probably need it so come really quickly

Queso
Ya okay
Ill be there in like 5
I need to talk to somebody anyways

Bitchacha
???
Is that somebody me?

Queso:
No it's the ghost I befriended there

Bitchacha:
Gotcha
But fr
What's wrong?
Seen 1:24 am
Jaejae
Answer me
Oh wait
Ur driving
Lolz
But fr
Im here any time :)

Queso
Im here
Read 1:32 am
FBI open up

You ran to your door to open it up. You were worried to hear what Jae had to say.