Larroth:Lost?

Theme:Upside Down World

•••

Laurance's POV:

You know what sucks about my job? Having my boss wake me up at three in the morning telling me to run an errand for her. I swear to Irene, Aphmau is going to drive me crazy. This isn't the first time she's done it either, believe it or not. This time, she told me to get myself over to Meteli and pick up something my sister was holding on for her. What sucks the most was that I'm by myself, in the woods, in the dark. I have a map but, Aphmau literally threw me out without giving me a lantern or something. As I grumbled, I kept looking up then, back down at my map. It was simple. Go down this trail and you'll get there.

I'm not afraid of the dark, I'll have you know but, when I hear clear, loud sounds coming from off my path, I get a little uneasy. The few times I heard it, I ignored it, assuming it was a rabbit of some sort but, after it repeating, I could tell it was human. I pulled out my sword, which I was able to grab before I left, and shouted;

"Come out you little-"

"I wouldn't finish that sentence if I were you."

I groaned seeing it was the blonde Ro'Meave himself. Now, him and I, don't have anything against each other. In fact, when we work together, we make a good duo but, I just hate the way he acts sometimes. Aphmau was right about one thing. He was self-centered.

"What do you want blondie?" I asked, already over this conversation.

"I heard you knew something about my brother and I was wondering if you would like to tell me," He says, crossing his arms.

"Which one?"

He rolled his eyes; "Vylad, you idiot. Zane is the least of my worries and I could care less what's going on in his life. Tell me about Vylad."

I chuckled; "Oh, him." Vylad and I, though, I hated his guts. Everyone thinks he dead. Nope, ladies and gentlemen, he's very much alive. In fact, every time I visit the nether, I get to see his pathetic self. You see, when we first met, he made it his goal I believe to make me look like an idiot. Now, I laugh seeing him. He's gone mentally insane. Realizing that he's been gone for so long...and the fact that I twisted the truth about some things involving his eldest brother but, that's besides the point. Let's say, him and Garroth were close and that's all I know. So, hearing that something may have happened to Garroth, drove him into insanity. He's probably curled up in the corner of his cell at this point. "He's dead. I think you get the picture."

"I know that you're lying to me Laurance," Garroth said. "Tell me the truth or you'll get a diamond sword pierced through your throat." With that I had a blue diamond sword drawn to my neck. The tip was slightly touching my Adam's apple, making my heart beat a little faster than usual.

"F-Fine," I stuttered, which was odd. I never stuttered. "If you want the truth here you go. He's mentally not right and he's locked in a cell because the Shadow Knights couldn't handle his antics."

Garroth lowered his sword. I could tell the news hit him and I was shocked that it did. The cold hearted Ro'Meave emotional about his brother? That's unheard of.

"Where is he kept?"

"Irene's old fortress. The Shadow Knights are waiting for her return though. So, it's heavily guarded."