Larroth: Is there a Problem?

Theme: Finding Out

•••

Laurance's POV:

I finally got off the bus. Can I just tell you how much I...don't enjoy sitting in there? At least I'll be home for a few months this time instead of a few days. I decided to spend a summer with my friends instead of family. I sort of felt a bit stuffy being around my family for such a long period of time. Besides, I wasn't going to miss another summer.
I pulled my green suitcase behind me with a little skip in my step. I was excited to see everyone again. Especially one person in particular. Garroth. Just thinking about him makes me smile. That's right. It took me almost three decades of my life to find out that I'm the bi-est of the bisexuals.

I regret saying that in my head.

I came up to the front door and knocked twice. It wasn't long until I saw the blonde standing in the doorframe. His month curved into the biggest smile imaginable.

"Laurance!" He almost tackled me to the ground in a hug. I chuckled and hugged him tightly back. Once we separated, Garroth stepped to the side to let me in.

"It's so good to have you back!" He exclaimed.

"It's good to be back," I say, placing my backpack down next to my suitcase which I previously mentioned.

"Oh!" Garroth said, remembering something. "You remember Kim right?"

"Of course! She was really sweet," I say, placing my hands on my hips.

"Well, she's been standing right there waiting for you to say hello for a while now. Come on Laur. Be more observant," Garroth teased, crossing his arms.

I looked behind me to see Kim shyly smiling. She waved and said;

"Hello Laurance! It's been a while," Her voice was quiet and polite.

"Yeah! It has!" I say, shaking her hand that she let out. "What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much. Garroth and I have been hanging out," Kim says, quite nervously.

"T-That's actually what I want to tell you," Garroth said, getting my attention again. He went over to Kim's side and took her hand. "Kim and I are...a thing."

I felt my heart shatter. This was the man who made me realize I was living a lie my whole life. Now, he's taken.

"Oh...uh, that's great," I lied. "Why were you two so nervous?"

"It's just, I know you were the one who contacted her first," Garroth said. "I wanted to make sure you were okay with it."

"O-Of course I am," I say, hugging myself. Garroth seemed to notice this and he looked to Kim.

"Hey, I'll see you tomorrow," He says, taking both her hands, "you and the girls have a outing tonight, right?"

"Yes!" Kim exclaimed, grabbing her bag. "Thank you so much for reminding me Gar! I'll see you tomorrow though. Nice seeing you again Laurance."

She kissed him on the cheek and rushed out the front door. Garroth closed it behind her and then, turned to me.

"What's wrong?" Garroth asked me.

"What do you mean?"

"You're hugging yourself. That means you're uncomfortable. Is it about Kim?"

"N-No..."

He raised an eyebrow at me and narrowed his eyes.

"Yes."

Garroth lost his snarky look and asked;

"What should I do?"

"Nothing!" I sighed, spinning on my heel to get to the kitchen. "You're with Kim and I'm happy that you found someone."

He walked over to me, his hands in his back pockets.

"Is this about me dating her? Laurance, I'm totally fine backing away if you want her."

"No, no. It's not about that."

"Then, what is it?" He asked.

I didn't respond. I really just wanted to drop it so I can move on with my summer. Garroth was having none of it though because, I think he was starting to get irritated with me.

"I can't fix it unless you tell me how," He persisted. "I don't want this summer to be awkward every time we near Kim!"

"You want to know how to fix it?" I asked, now getting annoyed myself.

"Yes! Isn't that what I asked?"

"Okay then!" I say, clutching the counter. "Break up with Kim!"

He froze;

"W-Why? Do you like her?" I shook my head. "Then, why would you want me to do that?"

I was literally shaking. With anger, fear, and down right anxiety about this whole situation. I haven't even been here for ten minutes and I'm already in a situation like this with my best friend.

"B-Because..." I gulped, trying to calm myself down. "Garroth Ro'Meave...I like you. I really, r-really like y-you."

I didn't hear anything come from him. I wasn't looking at him so I couldn't see his face. It was a while until he said;

"Y-You do?"

I stood up straight, gaining some strength to get a phrase out.

"Why would I lie to you about something like this?"

"You wouldn't..." He admitted. It was another few seconds of silence before he said; "Prove it."

"What?"

"Prove to me that you like me. Then, I'll break up with Kim."

"You would do that?"

He slightly smiled and looked up at me;

"You're my best friend Laurance. I think we should try at least."

Those words gave me enough courage to grab the collar of his flannel and pull him close enough for my lips to touch his. He didn't react at first but, I didn't care at the moment. This might be my only time to do this. I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him close. Then, with shaking hands, he caressed the sides of my face, slightly combing them through my hair. We continued the kiss like we didn't need oxygen. It was absolutely perfect. He was perfect.
Once we parted, out of breath, he looked into my eyes and said;

"I'll break up with Kim tomorrow."

"R-Really?"

He nodded his head.

"Just kiss me one more time."

"Okay!"

With that I did. Garroth broke up with Kim the next day and luckily there were no hard feelings...especially when she found out why. Apparently, she liked the idea of both of us together. As well as others. But, that's not important. What's important is that this was the start of one of the best summers ever.

Word Count
1067