Glaze:Little Pup

Theme:Upside Down
•••

Blaze's POV:

   My friend Daniel and I were assigned by our alpha, Fenir, to patrol our territory. We've been dealing with awful people from Phoenix Drop just invading our area. Since we are allies with O'Khasis, I don't see why they wouldn't. I'm just glad Daniel was assigned to come along with me. Not only are we good friends but, he's the bravest out of all the guards in Fenir's army.

"Blaze? You okay bro?" He asked, noticing me being a bit fidgety. "You seem nervous. Don't worry! I won't let anyone hurt ya'!"

He gave my a playful nudge and I chuckled shyly.

"T-Thanks Daniel," I stuttered. "I'm just worried something or someone is out there."

"I understand," He shrugged. "But, we got each other man!"

"Exactly."

We continued to walk around the territory, stopping at anything that looked suspicious. We were about to turn in for the end of our shift when I heard something. Werewolves hearing is very sensitive so, I knew it was probably far away.

"You hear that too?" Daniel asked turning to me. I nodded and grabbed my sword. I really didn't want to face another scoundrel from Phoenix Drop. Especially that Aphmau girl. She gives me the creeps! "Let's check it out," Daniel added, whispering.

"What! Are you crazy?" I exclaimed. "King Fenir said to just stay in boundaries! If we go out there we'll have no justice if we're killed!"

"Blaze, come on," Daniel groaned, rolling his eyes. "It's probably just a rabbit!"

"But what if-"

"I told you before," He assures me. "I got you!"

I sighed but, agreed. Besides, when Daniel and I were kids we would do these things...before Lord Aphmau came into rule. Daniel lead the way as I followed close behind. Both of our weapons are tightly gripped in our hands and our senses are rapidly twitching. We keep moving in as we hear the sounds getting closer and closers. Then, it stopped. I was about to suggest we turn back but, a chuckle was heard from above. We both raised our heads to see the branches of the surrounding trees shake from something moving across it.

"What type of..." Daniel trailed off. "Maybe we should head back."

"Agreed. We'll bring in back up."

"I wouldn't do that boys."

Just then, a whistle was heard of an object zipping towards us. I ducked, leaving Daniel exposed to the object hitting him. He yelped and fell to the ground, dropping his sword.

"Daniel!" I shouted. I knelt down to him and saw that an arrow had pierced his shoulder. "Oh no...don't worry I-I-"

"You what?"

The chuckle was heard again before a green hooded figure dropped to the ground. I gasped and tried pulling Daniel and I back. But, I stopped by a dark blue hooded figure that landed behind me. Great.

"Are you going to stop us? With what? You're puppy eyes?" The green hooded man taunted me. I growled and pointed my sword at him, deciding he was the most threatening.

"S-Stay back!"

"Man, I thought werewolves were supposed to be fierce. Why am I seeing a cowardly little mut?" The blue hooded man apparently could speak. "Then again, Vylad you did quite go a intense with our introduction."

"Do you even know me Garroth?"

"You k-know, I'm right h-here," I stuttered again. "What d-do you want?"