Garmau:Proud

Theme: Pride Month

...

Aphmau's POV:

Garroth held my hand lovingly as we walked towards Katelyn and KC's house. They were holding a summer barbecue to celebrate the warm weather. I could already smell the smoke and delicious food when we walked up the drive way. I was growing excited and I couldn't wait to see everyone in one place again.

"You excited?", Garroth chuckled at me while I gained more speed, dragging him behind me.

"I want all the foods!", I joked, knowing he thought I was adorable when I did that. "Besides, we haven't had a party since Christmas. It'll be nice seeing everyone at the same time."

He smiled softly and I knew what was going through his mind. Garroth and I had just officially started dating, meaning our friends are trying to get used to the idea of it. Not like they think it's bad or anything. They just...have some concerned. Especially Katelyn. You see, Garroth came out as pansexual not too long ago and I think my friends are just a little worried that it might affect our relationship. Why it shocks me that they would think that is that, he came out before I started dating him. If I had a problem with it or any worries, I wouldn't be holding his hand right now. I'm sure the fact that everyone is going to be there is causing Garroth to worry. I smiled as reassurance and said;

"If anyone bothers you, I'll take care of it."

I also knew that he doesn't like having his girlfriend to defend him since he feels like he should be doing that for me but, I really don't mind. I kissed his cheek and we went to the door. We were immediately greeted by KC and Zane at the door. I think they were the only ones without a second thought about our relationship so, we also can depend on them for a helping hand.

"Ah! Aphmau! Garroth! So glad you two could make it!", KC exclaimed loudly, letting us in. "Everyone's in the backyard if you want to go ahead and join them!"

"Thanks KC!", I say, smiling brightly. "We're glad we could come!"

"I'm happy to see you both as well,", Zane said with a soft smile. "It's been a while since we've seen you both at the same time."

"Yeah, well, you know us. Keeping it pretty separated, you know?", Garroth said, wrapping his arm around me, making me blush and smile up at him. "We don't want to be tied together twenty-four-seven. Gives us more to talk about at home."

KC gave us a little awe and said;

"You two are too cute! Do you want to come with me to the kitchen to grab some things?", She asked.

"Sure,", I said.

"Can I talk to Garroth for a moment?", Zane asked before we left. "I need to talk to him about something."

"Of course,", I said. "You okay with that?"

He nodded his head and let KC and I head to the kitchen. I wondered what they were talking about and if I should worry. Is something going on with their parents? Vylad?

"Do you know what's going on?", I asked KC.

She shook her head as to tell me no. She replied; "I think it's something private. Zane hasn't told me anything..."