Day 7

Dark was sitting at the kitchen table, taking in the chaos on his phone as he sipped his coffee.

"Can I have some coffee?"

Dark stared at Jack standing shyly in the doorway a moment before he groaned and got up to get another cup. Jack clapped excitedly and crawled up at another chair at the table. Setting the mug in front of him, Dark groaned as he sat down.

"Thanks Dark!" Jack grinned, sipping the coffee and somehow his smile grew larger. "Uh... did you save my life yesterday?"

"No." Dark muttered, scrolling through his phone. "Anti needs you."

Jack tilted his head. "Seems like he really wants to kill me."

Dark chuckled. "He wants a lot of things. Try not to worry about it. You will be an adult again soon."

Frowning a little, Jack leaned on the table. "What do ya mean?"

"Wilford landed home last night... with a guest. When everyone is awake, we shall drop by, and this whole mess will be over." Dark explained.

"But... I don't wanna be big!" Jack cried out.

Dark looked up at him, locking his phone screen and leaned back. "Why not?"

Jack shrugged. "I like being little. It's hard to get coffee... and Anti wants me dead, maybe... but everything else is pretty great!"

"Great?" Dark furrowed his brow. "What is great about-"

"I don't have to work all the time! And Robin and Mark aren't far away! I just get to hang out with them, all the time. And Amy! She's pretty cool, for a girl, you know." Jack shrugged. "And I get to be with Chica and Henry! Adult Sean doesn't have a dog. He's boooooring."

Dark rolled his eyes. "Who's fault is it that adult Sean is boring?"

"Not mine!" Jack yelped.

"Mm..." Dark cracked his neck. "Well it is not Chase's or Anti's fault either."

Jack sipped his coffee again. "What's your point?"

Dark sighed. "They need you to be an adult again, Sean."

"Chase likes taking care of us." Jack pouted.

Dark chuckled. "No he does not. He needs you. Just like Anti. That is all."

Jack frowned. "No..." He stared down at his coffee. "Chase likes me. We're friends... and bros!"

Dark just stared at the boy, who eventually looked back up at him. As Dark stayed silent, Jack's frown grew as he looked back down at the table, sipping his coffee. Finally Dark took a deep breath. "You need to grow up again."

Jack glanced up at him, then slid off the chair, running out of the room.

Jack's crying woke Robin, who slipped out of the bed and found him in the corner of the bedroom, hugging Sam. "What's wrong?"

"I don't wanna be big again!" Jack yelped.

Robin sat down beside him, and hugged him. "Well, why not?"

Jack sniffled, looking at him. "If we're big, you have to go away again."

"Oh." Robin frowned, squeezing him. "I don't know if I want that."

"I don't want it!" Jack pouted.

Mark woke up, whimpering a little as he struggled to sit up. "Sean? You okay?" He called sleepily.

"He doesn't want to be big again!" Robin called back.

"Duh!" Mark shrugged. "Being big sucks."

"You're broken." Amy reminded as she yawned.