Day 8

In the middle of the night, Chase woke to someone shaking him, and he groaned, opening his eyes to find Jack's tiny, tear streaked face. "I had a nightmare."

"Wilford let you watch the movie, go tell him." Chase smirked, until he saw the heart-broken look on the boy's face. "Oh... I'm sorry Sean. Hey..." He sat up more, accidentally kicking King who jolted awake. "Sorry." Chase bit his lip, then pulled Jack up into his lap. "You were scared and you came to me. I don't need to be a jerk about that, huh? I'm sorry buddy." Chase hugged him close, rubbing his back. "I knew you shouldn't have watched that movie though."

"It wasn't the movie." Jack sniffled. "Wilford told us these stories about people he stabbed to death."

"Oh... god." King groaned.

Chase closed his eyes, sighing. "And Anti wanted us to take a few days off..." He glanced at King, as he rubbed Jack's back.

"He didn't really do those things, right?" Jack asked quietly, and Chase glanced at King who nodded.

"No." Chase lied, cringing at King, who shrugged. "He just likes to tell those stories. He thinks they're funny."

Jack shook his head. "They're not funny."

"I know." Chase shifted, pushing King with his foot, and the man grunted, sitting up more. Shifting, Chase made room on the couch and laid Jack down. "Why don't you go back to sleep, and I'll be here if you have another nightmare, okay?"

Nodding his head a little, Jack yawned. "Okay. Night Chase."

"Night Sean." Chase bit his lip and glanced over at King. "Can you sleep like that?"

King shrugged. "I've slept in trees a lot. It'll probably be fine."

"I... don't even want to know." Chase chuckled, closing his eyes as he tried to fall back asleep.

In the morning, King stretched and glanced around the living room, then frowned at the empty chair across from him, swatting Chase's leg. Chase grunted, opening his eyes. "What?" He muttered, before smiling at Jack, still sound asleep on the cushion beside him.

"Do you know where Wilford went?" King asked quietly.

Chase's eyes widened and he sat up, looking at the chair. "He better not be gone." He growled, carefully getting up without waking Jack. "I'll check the bedrooms, you check the kitchen and bathroom." Nodding his head, King headed for the kitchen.

Fifteen minutes later they met back in the living room, King shaking his head and Chase groaned. "He's gone? Really? Jameson's still here... still asleep in the recording room. Where the hell would he have gone?"

"He doesn't like taking responsibility for things." King mumbled quietly.

Suddenly the back door slid open, and a familiar lisped voice filled the room. "Oh good! You're fin-ally awake."

King turned his head, frowning. "You were outside? Why were you outside?" Chase let out a relieved sigh, rubbing his temples.

"The bouncy castle arrived..." Wilford mumbled, looking over his shoulder into the back yard.

"You ACTUALLY got a bouncy castle?" King gasped.

Chase rose an eyebrow. "I thought you just said that to win over the kids."

Wilford furrowed his brow. "Well that would be dishonest."

Chase and King looked at each other, before King shrugged. "Is there adult bounce time?"

"I don't see why not." Wilford grinned.

Jack whined softly, squirming as he woke. "Five more minutes..."