Day 15

King, who had insisted that Chase take his bed and therefore slept on his couch, was woken in the middle of the night by rustling in the kitchenette. Sitting up, he rubbed his eyes sleepily as he watched Chase digging through his cupboards. "What are you looking for?"

Chase let out a yelp, jumping as he looked over. "Sorry, bro. Did I wake you?"

"It's okay." King shrugged, yawning. "What do you need?"

Biting his lip, Chase scratched the back of his neck. "Uh... I was just wondering if you had anything to drink, dude."

"There's almond milk in the fridge." King shrugged.

"Almond milk?" Chase furrowed his brow.

Chuckling, King got up and crossed the room to lean against the counter. "It makes me feel closer to my subjects."

Chase nodded slowly. "Sometimes I forget your life revolves around squirrels, bro." He cleared his throat, glancing back at the cupboards nervously. "I was wondering if you had anything, you know, a bit stronger though."

"Stronger?" King frowned.

Sighing Chase nodded. "Whiskey, vodka... beer?"

King tilted his head. "I thought... you were feeling better."

"Oh... oh I am!" Chase forced a large grin, nodding his head. "Totally, dude. Feeling a lot better. I just thought I'd take the edge off. You uh, you have anything like that?" King slowly shook his head, and Chase nodded. "No problem, man! Just thought I'd check." He chuckled, turning to head back to the bedroom, until King grabbed his arm.

"Chase..." King glanced towards the dark bedroom, then grimaced slightly. "Don't go back to bed! Let's... uhm..." He shrugged. "The only sleepover party I've ever been too was when we were all little kids, so I don't really know what people do. But, we could play video games? That's what we did before."

Chase glanced at the time on the microwave. "It's like... 1am, dude."

King shrugged. "Were you gonna sleep anyway?"

"Uh... nah, I guess not." Chase sighed softly, nodding his head. "Alright, bro! You're on! What are we playing?"

King grinned, making his way back to the couch and shoved the blankets he'd been wrapped up in, onto the floor before rushing over to set up the old console he'd bought second hand. Chase smiled, making his way over to sit on the couch.

In the morning, Dark left his bedroom to find Anti laid out on the couch, staring up at the ceiling as his body twisted between realities. "Good morning."

The sudden deep voice caused a more intense ripple through Anti as he inhaled sharply and sat up. "Oh. Hey." He giggled, as the glitching calmed back to normal. "What if we just... didn't go?"

Dark rose an eyebrow, tilting his head. "As much as I would love to see Mark squirm, not addressing this situation risks exposing us."

"So what if it does?" Anti smirked. "Then they'll know I'm real. Maybe they'll stop asking for that weak worm of a-"

"I thought you and Jack had come to an agreement?" Dark walked closer, sitting on the arm of the couch.

Anti glanced up at him. "Well... I mean, you're getting along better with Mark, and you still call him an idiot."

Dark smirked. "He IS an idiot." He chuckled, the echo of his voice mimicking his laugh, before he cracked his neck. "Look, Mark still treats me like the villain-"

"Haven't you being trying to manipulate him into giving you control of his bank account?" Anti grinned.

"That is not the point." Dark leaned back.