Day 18

Mark made his way downstairs in the morning, carrying Chica in his arms. He found King, Chase and the Googles in the kitchen with the baby squirrels and smiled slightly. "I guess our babies won't be babies for much longer." He sat down on the floor, letting the sleepy Chica curl up in his lap.

"Gonna miss her being so little and cute, bro?" Chase smiled.

Mark nodded. "I'd considered maybe leaving her like this but... I don't know if it's good for her." He sighed. "I mean, being little kids started to effect us, I don't want her to be a different dog. I love MY Chica." Hearing her name, the puppy in his lap squirmed. She whined and pawed at his leg until he started petting her and she calmed again. "You ready to give up your babies?" Mark asked, looking up to watch King, with three of the baby squirrels clinging to his shirt and the cloak he had wrapped around himself.

King stared at the babies a moment before he slowly nodded. "Yeah. I think so. I'm gonna miss holding them, but they're... a lot of work... and I think they'll be happier outside, with their trees and friends."

"I'm sure they will be." Mark smiled.

Before too long, Chica was feeling more awake, and let out a few barks as she wriggled around in Mark's lap, playfully nipping at his fingers. King frowned, as the babies twitched and clung tighter to him at the barks. "Shh... Chica... you're scaring the babies." King looked over at the dog.

Mark chuckled softly. "Sorry, King. She didn't mean it." He scooped the puppy up, holding her against his chest and she tossed her head back, nipping at his jaw. "Chica... no..." Mark chuckled, then he smiled. "What about the laser pointer? You wanna chase the little red dot?" He looked up as Google Red grabbed a laser pointer from the drawer and held it out to him. Taking the pointer, Mark gently pushed the pup out of his lap. "Okay girl.... here it is!" He turned on the light, aiming it at the floor. The pup wandered around a moment before Mark finally caught her attention with the laser, then she took off, chasing the little dot all over the kitchen.

It was a little while before Henry scampered into the kitchen, making his way over to Mark and prodded his leg with his nose, snuffling. "Hey Henry." Mark grinned, petting the pup with his free hand while he continued to move the laser pointer around the floor, leading Chica.

"What are you doing?" Amy laughed, leaning in the doorway.

"Playing with Chica." Mark grinned. Suddenly Henry noticed Chica on the chase and raced over to join in her hunt of the little red dot.

Amy crossed the room and sat down beside Mark, leaning into him. "Good boy Henry! Get it!"

Chase grinned. "Good doggos! Get the light, dudes! Get it, get it!"

They were all still playing with the puppies and cuddling baby squirrels when Robin made his way into the kitchen. "There's always so much happening here in the morning." He chuckled, making his way to the coffee machine.

"Only when Wilford and Jameson have been messing around in our lives." Mark smirked.

Chase, who now had possession of the laser pointed, directed the puppies across the room, placing the red dot on Robin's butt. Chica and Henry instantly charged him, jumping at the back of his legs. "Oh, hey!" Robin laughed, turning around and leaned down, petting the puppies, until he noticed the red dot, which Chase was slowly moving down his leg. "Chase!"

Laughing, Chase turned off the laser pointer. "Sorry, bro! I just wanted them to say good morning to you!"

"Well good morning Henry and Chica." Robin grinned, ruffling up their fur. Henry dropped onto his back, while Chica sat on top of his foot, wagging her tail furiously. After a moment, Chica got up, running back to jump on Mark who smiled and pulled her into his lap, kissing the top of her head.