Day 17

Mark was creeping as quietly as he could to the kitchen in the morning, when he heard the scuffle of footsteps in the living room. Leaning his head around the corner he rose an eyebrow as he watched Wilford slide the back door open. "What are you doing?" He sighed.

Wilford turned to him, forcing a large grin. "Mark! How long's it been?"

Mark shook his head. "About eight hours. Where do you think you're going Wilford?"

"I was just going to..." Wilford glanced into the back yard, turning back with that big grin. "Examine the yard." He gestured with his hand, wiggling his mustache.

"Examine the yard?" Mark muttered. Wilford's eyes widened and he nodded, looking out over the back yard then back to Mark. "No." Mark sighed, crossing the room. "You were going to take off. Chica and Henry are still puppies, you know."

Wilford wiggled his mustache. "And fine citizens they are!"

"What?" Mark sighed.

"What indeed!" Wilford narrowed his eyes.

Shaking his head, Mark glanced back towards the air mattress where Jameson was still asleep. "You were going to take off on your buddy there?"

Wilford slumped in the doorway, his smile fading as he looked over Mark, then towards Jameson. "That fine fellow would have understood."

"Understood what? What is there to even understand? Be better for once!" Mark growled.

"Well..." Wilford leaned his head back, narrowing his eyes. "You almost seem... upset with me."

"Almost?" Mark let out a breathy chuckle. "Yes! I'm upset with you!" As Wilford disappeared before his eyes, he shook his head, grabbing the door and looked outside.

"What ever did I do?" Wilford hummed, and Mark turned around to find the mad man seated on the couch, with his legs crossed.

Mark let out a sigh of relief, then shook his head as he pulled the back door closed and walked closer to him. "What did you do? Just recently you tried pretty damn hard to destroy my life."

Wilford's jaw fell open and he an arched an eyebrow. "Well, I would never!"

Shaking his head, Mark leaned down, trying to keep his cool and at the same time, not wake Jameson. "You turned me into a child."

"You had fun!" Wilford grinned. "We went camping, you relaxed for a bit... even Amy thinks-"

"Keep her out of this." Mark groaned, Wilford tapping his fingers along his own chin as Mark continued. "No one is giving you an out this time Wilford. You wanted to go on some ridiculous trip with Jameson, and you put everyone else in a real hard spot."

Wilford nodded, standing up and Mark took a hesitant step back. Smiling, Wilford wrapped his arms around the man. "I'm sorry."

Mark shook his head. "No you're-"

"A good apology is the best thing to heal." Wilford let Mark go, stepping back and patted his shoulders. "Hm? Don't you feel better?"

"You'll... never change. Will you?" Mark sighed.

"Change? Who would want me to change? I'm THE Wilford Warfstache after all." Wilford grinned.

Mark narrowed his eyes, glaring at the man a moment before he sighed. "One more day Wilford. One more day of shooting, and we should be done. You give my dogs back to me and then I don't care what you do, alright?"

Wilford tilted his head. "I've... been here a few days already."

"And?" Mark grunted.

Wilford shrugged. "I'm not very good at staying in one place..." He smirked, giving Mark a wink. "I wonder where I got that from?"