There's more to the eye than you see

She felt her racing heartbeat and weak knees the moment his presence was felt behind her, those dark eyes staring back at her from the reflection of the huge mirror. Zoya could here his rugged breathing his jaws clenched tightly while his bare chest moved in rhythmic pattern.

"We have to use the same bathroom I'm done." He dashed outside leaving her with an awkwardness hanging in the air. 

Zoya looked at her reflection carefully only to see a woman with dishelved hair, half removed make up and a broken soul staring back at her. That distinct memory clouded her thoughts from the recent past....

Flashback- a month ago

"How dare you" Anjana Hooda like a protective tigress was about to pounce at Zoya but was stopped by her husband and younger son while her elder son stood in complete silence with a cold stare in his eyes whereas his right cheek was red by her stinging slap.

'I should be the one asking that question' she said staring straight back at his cold eyes while slamming the newspaper in her hands on his chest.

'How dare you put murder charges on a man who cannot come back from the graves to defend himself?' Zoya's voice echoed in the room.

'I should have let you die that fatal night when your life was at my mercy.' Her voice was cold as death.

Flashback ends

A sharp knock on the door ended her train of thoughts, a house staff informed that Anjana Hooda was waiting for her downstairs. Her phone screen flashed with a message,

Mother in law's closets have more skeletons than one can see. Beware.

Zoya let out a long sigh while applying the perfume a fragrance so unique that it's source could hardly be traced, it was supposedly her grandmother's favourite fragrance as a little girl she remembered her grandmother applying the perfume and telling her,

" Jo dikhta hai woh humesha sach nahin hota humari jannat ki hoor".

He closed his eyes and let out a frustrated sigh for all he could think about was her delicious body and those piercing doe eyes staring at him from the  mirror. His morning was ruined by that encounter, 

'I should have let you die that fatal night when your life was at my mercy.'

A smile crept on his lips naturally for the thousandth times her words echoed in his mind, that thunderous night when both were unaware of each other's past that night when she healed his wounds, what she being her naïve self could not realize was that Aditya Hooda would have crushed her in his arms before she would have thought of killing him.

'Tired', he opened his eyes to the sultry voice of Sanjana stroking her long fingers up and down his nape.

Aditya smiled politely but quickly detached himself from her hold and started preparing drinks for both of them.

Sanjana longed for his touch, his body was addictive that one open button of his white shirt exposed his chest his long neck with nerves protruding and that tensed jawline made not only her but all women swoon over him. After Pooja's death he was a broken man cheated by his ex wife readily available for women to have him. They were in a casual arrangement for she knew he could not be emotionally available but they were extremely good business partners.

'So when are you going to introduce your beautiful bride to the entire world? I heard she looks like an exotic princess from a faraway country.' Sanjana remarked while sipping the drink offered by him.

"Lekin ab shehzadi ek rakshas ki qaid mein hai" he winked while gulping his drink.