Thunderous night

It had been a week since Aditya and Zoya had stayed in the Hooda mansion, Mr Hooda and Anjana Hooda tried their best to make Zoya comfortable while Arjun could not hide his happiness and made it a point to spend most of the time with his Bhai and bhabi. 

Aditya was going through a speedy recovery although he made it quite clear to her that he did not want her to nurse him. That fatal night when they narrowly escaped Rajveer was the only time she had tended to his wounds. Once the nurse in attendance was absent hence Zoya helped him with the plastering of his wound only to be violently crushed in his arms.

"How many times should I tell you not to treat me like your charity case," his forehead on hers, Aditya had knelt gathering her in his arms. She could feel his hot breath on her neck, his thick beard leaving marks on her neck.

"This is your last warning shehzadi if you ever come to tend my wounds again main tumhe aisa qaid karunga ki kabhi aazadi nahin milegi." He growled tightly clutching her waist, bruising it.

She fled from the scene like a defeated warrior whose enemy had spared her  life showing some mercy. 

Now as she draped her saree in front of the long mirror her mind was fogged with dense doubts and her body was exhausted. She gasped as she light red marks all over her shoulder and neck. Those rough scratching of his beard, she draped the saree carefully over her waist for it was bruised a little. Her eyes met with the woman in the reflection, a year ago she was happily married to the love her life, Yash Arora and one fateful night there was a sudden phone call that changed the course of her life. In her deepest darkest hour she was compelled to clash because of Aditya's wrath. She took a deep breath and gathering a lot of courage decided to call her ammi after ages. At that moment an unknown number flashed on her phone screen, Zoya's could feel her heart racing for she knew who was calling,

'Hello Zoya' she heard that cold voice from the other side.

'How is your husband feeling? Is he a little better?' 

"Listen I am done with your games. If you are one of Rajveer's allies then I am reporting this call to the police, I am done with your cheap tricks."

Anger made her tremble and breathless, a chill ran down her spine when she heard a sinister laugh with no mirth from the other side of the room.

'Dr. Zoya Siddiqui I thought you were smarter than this, you hurt me badly Zoya by equating me to that fool Rajveer. Prepare for the worst Zoya bibi, apne ammi, abbu aur Kohinoor ka khayal rakhna."

Zoya dropped the phone at the last sentence, her whole body felt numb and she sat with her knees clasping to her chest leaning against the wall. She had lost Yash, lost her unborn child now she could not lose her family. Zoya tried to calm her nerves but nothing helped, until she felt a figure looming large over her seated form. In the darkness of the room he stood with fist clenched tightly, it was all so quick for Aditya, one moment she was sitting in a corner and next she was sobbing in his arms. Anyone would have been knocked down by the force in which she ran to him but not Aditya, he gathered her in his arms right on time. He gathered her trembling form around his protective arms.

"Woh bahut khatarnak hai Aditya humare ammi abbu aur Kohinoor...hum unhe khona nahin chahate humne pehle hi bahut kuch khoya hai."

Aditya broke a little everytime he herd her stifling cry and held her tightly, covering her, shielding her from all sorrow and grief of the world. 

'Kuch nahin hone dunga tumhein, main hoon tumhare saath'. His voice was rough with concern, all the memories of her tending to him during those dark nights rushed to his mind and instinctively he closed his eyes and started showering wet kisses over her forehead. Surprisingly she felt at peace and melted in his arms that held her captive. Their breathing was heavy as he continued to kiss her cheeks, her jawline, it was only when his lips touched hers a little that the trance broke for her.

Zoya suddenly felt the closeness between them and turned around to wipe her tears, she scolded herself for acting vulnerable in front of that one person who could never tolerate her. 

She regained her posture like the true lady her Convent education had conditioned her to turn into and was about to leave with her head held high but on a split of second her body was pulled and crushed on his hard chest.

'At one second you are all teary eyed and next moment you turn into an ice princess what is the matter Zoya. Just speak up.' 

For the first time Zoya saw desperation in his voice,

"Says who? The man who cannot bear to stand with me in the same room, Aditya what happened to us because of Rajveer I don't want to risk my family. I just can't.*

She closed her eyes and Aditya sighed deeply, 

'Our families are already in danger Zoya. We are being framed for murdering our spouses everyone who ever knew us is in danger.' 

'Who was calling you Zoya? Do you think I don't notice the way you tremble when someone messages you. Tell me who is it.'

Aditya's sudden interrogation caught her off guard, 

'You don't trust me?' his voice was dangerously low.

Zoya did not utter a word, her eyes lowered.

"Aditya give me back my phone" Zoya warned when he grabbed it from her.

There was a smirk on his face,

'Now I get it Zoya Bibi clearing the name was always secondary to you isn't it? You wanted evidence to prove that Hooda's murdered your husband and his lover. Am I right?' 

He yelled making her tremble a little.

"Clear my doubts Aditya I will not suspect I give you my word." Only heaven's knew from where she gathered the courage to utter so firmly to this dangerously vulnerable man.

He smirked while coming near to her and she gasped noticing him unbuttoning his waistcoat letting it fall on the ground then doing the same with his shirt.

"Aditya yeh Kya Kar rahein hai aap?' 

To be continued.....

Guys don't kill me.😃