This too shall pass

"For how long has she been knowing all this?"

Roshnaq closed her eyes for it was unbearable listening to her son's shattered voice. 

'She came for the test a week ago, but the moment she was irregular this month she must have known deep inside. I have already had a talk with Dr. Wasim Siddiqui over the phone but he wanted me to converse with you all in this matter.'

Came a short and clear reply from doctor Inayat.

The room fell into a complete silence with Aditya and Roshnaq sitting opposite the doctor to whom Zoya had confided everything. Both the elder women in the room could only imagine how Aditya's world must have been crumbling with this news.

"Aditya, every woman yearns to be a mother and Zoya is no different. She being a medical student herself was not surprised to know that because of her previous miscarriage her pregnancy would mean a lot of complexities for the mother and the fetus. But the intent of the complication is I am afraid life threatening."

Roshnaq tried her level best to control her tears while holding Aditya's shoulder.

' Yeh Kya ho raha hai humare bacho ke saath.'

Roshnaq cried holding her husband tightly outside the doctor's chamber.

'Meri bachi ne pehle bhi ma baneka sukoon khoya hai main jaanti hoon usse kitni taqleef ho rahi hogi. Aur hum jaante hai Aditya kya chahte hain aur woh bhi apne jagah sahi hai. Pehle hi kya Kam taqleef the mere bacho ki zindagi mein Wasim.'

Aditya could hear their mother sobbing as he sat on the nearby bench helpless with his face covered in his palms. He was exhausted looking at his wife's  unconscious form. Although the doctor told him it was because of her low blood pressure, he knew this will start getting severe with each passing day. All this time she hid her pregnancy from him, why was he still excluded from certain parts of her life. Was this all that they had? She nursing him like a child making sure all his cracks were healed while he remaining oblivious to her agonies overwhelmed by the warmth she bestowed upon his broken and battered body and soul. 

'Bhai just go inside bhabi might wake up anytime.'

He dragged his feet towards her room as directed by Arjun when he met his father on the way their eyes locked for a moment, Harshvardhan wanted to embrace his son but instead placed his hands firmly on his cheeku's shoulders.

'Come what may just remember that she needs you the most right now and whatever decision she takes you need to be man enough to respect that decision and be there for her.'

Aditya did not utter a single word as his father let go of the tight grip on his shoulders patting his back in his their silent language giving him courage to face her.

Zoya opened her eyes sensing his presence around, even in that fragile state she felt deprived when he stopped midway while brushing a strand of hair from her face. She clasped his hands as he turned around to leave, 

"I'm sorry, aapko yeh sab aise patah chala I should have come to you earlier. Humein maaf kar dijiye."

'I thought we were equals in this relationship but maybe I was wrong.'

Hurt was evident in his voice as he avoided eye contact with her.

'Why? Why didn't you think it was important for me to know about all this.'

This time he looked directly at her while she avoided his stern gaze.

"I was about to tell you Aditya it's just that I needed more time."

'Kab batati Zoya? When there would be obvious signs that your pregnant meanwhile your body would be in more danger.'

"This is exactly why I was hesitant to break it to you Aditya because I very well know what you would have suggested."

Zoya broke into tears emotionally battered fighting with her husband for her unborn child.

'What makes you think I will change my decision just because your crying, this is life threatening Zoya how can you be so selfish of not thinking about me.'

He had her shoulder in a tight grip as he desperately pleaded in front of his wife. Their foreheads touched together as she intertwined her fingers  with his, both of them helplessly drowned in tears.

"Please Aditya give me a chance to bring our child to this world. I know I am sounding selfish but deep down I somehow know I can fight all odds of your with me. Don't force me to give away our child."

He gathered her in his arms,kissing the crown of her head. 

When he closed the door of her room as she finally fell asleep eager eyes were anticipating him.

"You all know how stubborn she is...she will never undergo an abortion."

Noor embraced her ammi as both women started sobbing while he saw his brother and father rested their hands on his shoulders silently consoling him. Aditya's eyes were fixed on Wasim Siddiqui who sat devastated on the chair.

"Noor apne ammi se kahe dijiye apne aap ko samhale hum aap ke appi ko kuch nahin hone denge. Apne saare medical experience aur connections laga denge par humari Zoya par aanch nahin aayegi. Unhein ghar leja ne ki taiyari kijiye aap dono."

'Siddiqui sahab aap par jo beeth rahi hai uska hum andaaza bhi nahin laga sakte par Zoya humari bahu hai, Adi aur hum sab bhi hain uska khayal rakhne me liye.'

"Maaf kijiyega Hooda sahab" 

Wasim interrupted Harshvardhan Hooda in the middle,

"I don't want to create a scene out here but meri beti ko taqleef ke ilawa kuch aur milna shayad mushkil hai aap ke bete aur parivar se."

Aditya closed his eyes as Wasim Siddiqui left the place. He caught a glimpse of her resting, from outside the door. Did she always look this fragile he wondered or maybe it was the single braid hair, he made it a point in his mind to tell her not to tie her hair this way it made her look too delicate. 

"Nobody can take you away from me Zoya, neither your father nor this child not even you yourself. You will have to choose me and no one else."

His eyes were read with fury, jaws clenched and hands curled in a tight fist. It rained heavily outside with reckless wind wreaking havoc.

To be continued....

( Last chapter coming soon).