Whirlwind of emotions

It was dark and his little feet ran as fast as he could,

"You are an outsider, I will never accept you," little Aditya ran away from that old woman's shrill voice, he ran through the dark woods,

'this will hurt a little you will be fine', suddenly he gazed into those familiar soft brown doe eyes, strangely his solace.

"yeh bhi chali jayegi," that old woman with cold eyes grabbed her hand and took Zoya disappeared. 

Aditya woke up abruptly breathless with that same nightmare, he stared at the mirror with sweat dripping from his bare upper body. He closed his eyes, that old woman's voice gave chills even to the thirty three year old grown up man like him. The added part of the nightmare made him agitated and he rushed towards her bedroom, he stood on the door. His large hand was about to knock but his mind tried to convince him that it was just a nightmare. His breathing was heavy as he rested his head on the closed door. After sometime he dragged his feet back to his bedroom convincing himself that she must be sleeping peacefully. 

"Adi hum humesha best friends rahenge kabhi koi secrets nahin hoga"

Pooja, his ex wife's voice echoed in his ears. 

'Your wife had an affair with Yash Arora she was pregnant by his child.' Mr Hooda's voice emerged from somewhere.

"Your mother was my son's mistress, you can never be Anjana's son or Arjun's brother." That old woman his so called grandmother's voice could be heard in the background.

Aditya closed his eyes and screamed in pain, the rage was uncontrollable so he placed his large hands on his face blocking the hurt.

Next morning...

Zoya buried her face, loving the feel of the soft flowers along with its subtle fragrance.

"Thank you so much for making my morning Arjun these are my favorite flowers, it reminds me so much of my home."

'Really?" He thought The girl  told me the same thing, the one who suggested me this idea."

Arjun had a strong urge to meet the girl again.

"Aap ka tahe dil se shukriya Arjun" Zoya smiled at him, her loving friend and younger brother.

'Just a thank you won't do I want a return gift' Arjun announced.

"Boliye" Zoya asked warmly a little surprised when he handed over a white envelope. She smiled at the two tickets for Hindustani classical music night.

'I heard you humming yesterday morning, it was a 'thumri' right'. 

Zoya recalled humming that old piece in the morning, a distant reminder of her father teaching her to sing that thumri when she was a little girl.

'Aaj shaam ko I will pick you up at 8 is that okay?.' She answered with a positive nod.

As she arranged the asters in the flower vase near the window of her bedroom, her phone rang with a message.

"How was your day with the mother in law? More civil than your new husband or Worse?" She read the expected message.

'When can we meet next.' She typed hurriedly.

"Patience shehzadi patience, just don't forget that your ex husband was brutally murdered by one or all of them. Hooda's have blood in their hands Zoya never forget this."

She did not reply to the last message, just let out a deep sigh leaning on the window with innumerable thoughts juggling inside her mind.

From the top floor of the skycraper Aditya Hooda looked down upon the bustling city. Several things clouded his mind but his sharp predatory skills made him primarily focus on Rajveer to hunt down Rajveer and ruthlessly crush him. The dormant beast inside him wanted to bathe his hand with Rajveer's blood and come back home to 'her' exotic smell, hungrily taking whatever she would offer. Aditya let out a grunt trying to brush off these devastating thoughts he was relieved when his phone rang.

"Hello, Bhai I need your small favour" he was glad to hear his little brother's voice amidst those savage thoughts.

"Bhai I was supposed to accompany Zoya to this classical music evening tonight but I am stuck badly please escort her it will be of great help."

'Whatt', Arjun had already kept his ears away from the speaker as he knew his brother would roar at him.

'Chotey I have meeting with foreign delegates in the evening and you want me to indulge in all this nonsense.' His brother barked from the other side.

"Bhai firstly it's Hindustani Classical night not any nonsense and she does not know anyone in this town, I don't know about you but my brother always laid emphasis on the word 'chivalry' so I cannot disappoint a lady." 

Aditya clenched his teeth at his brothers persistence but bit back his words.

"Thank you Bhai, 8 'o clock sharp do pick her and wear ethnic. Bye."

Arjun gave himself an invisible pat, he knew they needed alone time to figure out certain things. Meanwhile he waited for another encounter with Chocomati Devi.

Later in the evening...

Draped in a classy saree with minimal make up and hair sleekly combed into a bun she walked out to meet him. Arjun had already informed her about the change of plans, dressed in a khaki kurti, cotton pants and a Nehru jacket he stood at the end of the stairs. It was the first time she saw him not wearing a suit and she had to admit he looked more relaxed. When he opened the car door for her she could not help but feel taken aback.

The drive was dead silent, so she cleared her throat,

"Woh aapko humari wajah se takleef uthana para I'm sorry aapko khama kha yeh sab attend karna par raha hai." She did feel bad for him somehow.

'No, it's okay waise bhi if you start explaining to me the technicalities of Hindustani classical right here then it will probably go over my head.' He remarked and they genuinely smiled at each other for the first time. 

They reached the venue, not a highly blown exuberant party but a rather suave small gathering of genuine lovers of Classical music. Aditya breathed a sigh of relief as this crowd was not media friendly and there was no speculation about their marriage and past. Most of the people were senior diplomats who had flew from Delhi, some writers and poets and musicians and senior doctors. Aditya introduced her to some of his business associates and his father's friends. He could not help but throw quick glances every time she gave one of her perfect 'aadaabs'. 

The concert started and the contemplative tone of the music being played made Aditya close his eyes and relaxed after ages. 

It was past midnight when they drove back home, she hummed softly in her husky voice and for once he had the urge to ask her to sing a little loudly. 

A certain bright flash of light disrupted their peace and Aditya tried his best to steer the wheels away from the light, darkness engulfed his vision.

To be continued....