Let's swim in the tide

She caressed those soft curls from her Kohinoor's face, her fingers ran through that deep cut in the forehead. Noor flinched a little in that unconscious state, Zoya instinctively stroke her forehead trying to calm her down. 

'Ammi....Abbu...appi' 

Zoya broke down on hearing her little sister mumble in such an unconscious state. All this while Noor must have been in Mumbai, a strange city all alone and she was not there with her baby sister.

"I'm so sorry Kohinoor, humein maaf kardiziyen",

Tears started to flood her eyes as realisation dawned upon her for not being the elder sister that Noor deserved.

She had somehow failed as an elder sister, she was very well aware of this fact, ever since she married Yash she was clueless about what the happenings in Noor's life. Did she have a boyfriend? For how long had she been in Mumbai? Why didn't her ammi inform her about all this? Flashbacks of her father's broken face when she decided to marry Aditya was imprinted in her mind. The way he tried to convince her not to succumb to Aditya's threat, her ammi's pain, all the painful memories flooded back. It was the second time she went against her father's wish, she forbid her ammi never to tell him the truth for it would devastate Wasim Siddiqui to even think that his daughter agreed for the marriage settlement to keep his name away from the murder case.

'Bhabi I'm so sorry, I had no idea she was Noor, I insisted her for the ride in my motorcycle and suddenly there was a truck, I lost my balance, it is me who is responsible for her condition.'

Before he could say anything Zoya hugged Arjun tightly, assuring him that everything will be fine.

Aditya had been witnessing everything from the door, a strange tight knot was formed in his throat while witnessing her caressing Arjun's forehead that had a slight cut. The unfamiliar warmth spread through his very being, these two people inside the room were like the hearth inside a home on a cold winter night. He was taken out of his thought when somebody swiftly past him and hugged Zoya. Aditya entered the room only to witness Zoya still in this tall guy's embrace. 

"She is fine now don't worry I have not informed anyone in Mussoorie."

Zoya could feel his burning gaze as Arshad consoled her.

'Aditya this is doctor Arshad Habib". She stated trying to lighten up the atmosphere a little.

"We grew up together and were classmates while studying medicine."

Arshad said while firmly shaking his hands. Aditya could not help but clasp his hands rather too firmly after all this tall guy had dared to touch her. 

Arshad informed them that Noor had a minor external injury and needed rest. 

Zoya insisted Arjun on taking rest although he requested her not to inform his parents and grandmother about the accident.

She was adamant on not leaving Noor's side the whole night although Arshad had already confirmed that she had no major injuries. Deep in the night when Zoya woke up from her short nap she found herself wrapped in his leather jacket the strong masculine scent of his enveloping her whole body. She went out to find him sleeping on the couch in Arjun's room with her dupatta as a cover, seeing his shivering form she quickly covered him with his jacket but his eyes opened the moment she tried to remove the dupatta.

"Care to explain the change of clothes," she stated lightly oblivious of the fact that her one smile removed every dense cloud of darkness from his troubled mind even for a while.

'I need to check that motorcycle, hadn't worked on it for months'. He said sitting up while rubbing his eyes. 

"Arjun was petrified for damaging your 'first love'," Zoya said playfully.

Both of them were aware of the intensity of the situation, they already knew that what happened to Arjun and Noor was not an accident. Yest, they tried their best to bring a smile on another's face even in this grim situation.

Zoya did not know what to say her heart was pounding faster but she had to appear strong so she let out a deep sigh to break the silence.

'Let's go home you take rest and I will step outside for some work. They will be fine, you were not well last night I think you forgot."

His voice was grew deeper for memories of their unguarded passion flooded in their minds making her blush profusely while his eyes grew darker staring at her with a hunger that shook her very core.

Involuntarily, one of his large hands started stroking her arms as she trembled on his touch, his fingers travelled up towards thumb stroking her lips.

" Aditya...." she uttered his name in a feeble attempt to reason out with him.

"There is so much going on right now, whatever happened last night..."

Her breath hitched at his sudden pull making her chest collide with his.

"Aditya there are people around" she hated her own trembling voice.

'I know we are in an absurd situation Zoya but that does not mean he gets a chance to touch you, make sure that your childhood friend never ever touches you again. You know I say what I mean.'

Zoya knew she had to reply back to him although every ounce of her felt weak and vulnerable in front of this formidable force of a man, she was a mere sapling in front of the tornado that he was but only over her dead body will Aditya |Hooda come to know that he terrifies Zoya Siddiqui. Aditya meanwhile was waiting for her sharp reply with a slight smirk in his face however their moment was interrupted by Dr. Arshad who cleared his throat making Aditya gently release her wrist he regretted realising that he had been holding her rather too tightly.

"Noor ko hosh aagaya hai, Zoya you can talk to her." Arshad announced as Zoya rushed inside after a glance at Aditya. Arshad gave him a feeble smile for his talk with Aditya was reserved for another day.

'Appi' Noor cried the moment she saw her sister entering, Zoya rushed to hold her Kohinoor, showering her with kisses both of them in tears.

"Sab thik ho jayega meri Kohinoor, aapki appi hai na yahan". She reassured her younger sister rocking her in the arms just as during their childhood days.

'Ammi, abbu have they been informed?' Noor asked hesitatingly, 

"Nahin jab aap thodi recover karengi tab baat kar le na unse baat."

'Appi abbu ki jaan aap mein basti hai, yeh baat aap jaanti hai na.'

Noor's words were like a sharp knife through her already battered heart. Noor informed Zoya about not telling her parents that she was in Mumbai not Delhi, after chiding her like any other elder sister Zoya assured Noor that she has nothing to worry about as long as her appi was there.

Aditya and Arjun quietly witnessed the teary reunion of the sisters from outside the room,

'Bhai, I am sorry about the motorcycle' Arjun said timidly.

Aditya both his hands on his brother's strong arms, the brothers would never express through words how much dependent they were on each other. Arjun had always been his one family throughout the worst of times and for Arjun his Adi bhai was his rock solid strength no matter how dysfunctional their family was at times.

"I want you to be with me on this one Chotey, a lot of bad things are happening with us, our family and we need to put an end to all this. I need you alright."

Aditya had his hands strongly clasped around Arjun's neck the way he always did before Arjun entered the football field for a match during their younger days. 

His brother and Noor would have lost their life for no reason because he knew the actual target was him and he closed his eyes when the thought crossed his mind that it could have been her too.

To be continued.....