When waves crash on the shores

He smirked while coming near to her and she gasped noticing him unbuttoning his waistcoat letting it fall on the ground then doing the same with his shirt.

"What are you doing Aditya?" 

Her voice trembled staring at those hard worked up muscles in every inch of his body. She involuntarily gulped as her throat went dry, the fresh scars from his recent wounds were clearly visible throughout his well sculpted body.

" Do you think I killed Yash?" He softly whispered in her ears making chill run down her spine. 

"Do you?" His voice was an octave higher as he slammed his fist on the wall right next to her making her cringe.

'It was not...an accident that I am  sure of Aditya.'

Her husky voice and those timid yet fiery brown  orbs had always been a distraction for him ever since they crossed paths for the first time in that stormy night. 

"I don't care if those cheaters were murdered or not Zoya for the fact remains that your loving husband was having a colourful affair with my wife."

'I know Aditya but that does not mean they deserved such an end if it was the case.' 

She yelled back at him this time, completely broken from inside as memories of Yash and his betrayal flashed in front of her. 

"After all this time you either pine for him or worry about your father's name being dragged into all this mess, have you ever for once thought about me?" 

Aditya slammed his body colliding with hers, he closed his eyes for he had hurt her physically and bruised himself emotionally in the process.

'What should I believe in Aditya? Rajveer and you know each other for a long time, in spite of that he blackmails us and this unknown caller. Everything is such a mess.' 

He continued staring at her as she blurted out the pent up thoughts that had been inside her ever since she married him. 

"Come here" she heard his raspy voice as he lifted her chin making her look up.

"Go and change Zoya we are leaving this place if you want answers you need to come with me." 

After an hour and half long drive they were sitting in the secluded part of the beach, with the waves crashing on the shore as the only sound being heard in the chilly night. 

"Rajveer and I went to the same boarding school although he was two years senior to me we were best of pals. His family knew my mother and when she passed away they contacted Mr. Hooda about my whereabouts. I entered Hooda mansion when I was seven year old and the first word I heard was 'bastard' by Mr. Hooda's mother. But of course Arjun would never leave my side and Anjana ma did accept me eventually. But I left for boarding school along with Rajveer and it was the boxing ring that made me feel more like home. I never looked forward to vacations Zoya but Arjun and Pooja would make my days bearable. Pooja was the daughter of a family friend of the Hooda's."

She let him continue as both of them walked along the beach barefoot in this starry night. 

"Mr. Hooda being the top notch lawyer he is unraveled some of Rajveer's father's illegal business and from then a friend turned a foe. I was in Boston at that time studying so when I came back everything had changed".

"Mr. Hooda had paid for my education, granted me share in his private business and I guess gifted me a younger brother so when he asked me to marry Pooja I happily agreed. She was so supportive you know during those rash youth times when I indulged in underground kick boxing she was the one to pull me out of it. But I guess we were better off being friends I can't be the romantic hero."

They suddenly halted and the realisation dawned upon Zoya that he was staring at her with dark unfathomable eyes.

'What about your real mother?' Do you remember?"

In the darkness of the night she could not see his face except for those thick locks of hair  covering his forehead.

"I don't remember much except the tune she hummed when she put me to sleep and her fragrance...."

Aditya had to close his eyes for like a thunder it struck him that he had revisited his birth mother's cherry blossom fragrance sometime back.

"Aditya what happened to her?"

The voice of the woman to whom that fragrance belonged was enough to whom that fragrance belonged was enough to trigger the suppressed deranged side of his scarred soul.

"She left me just like everyone does." His voice was devoud of any human emotion. Their eyes met as he towered tall over her and a high tide made the waves wash over their bodies. She instinctively circled her arms around him while he lifted swiftly scooped her on his arms. Both drenched in water and soaked in unexplainable emotions. Aditya had never felt himself more lighter as he carried her towards the shore. Zoya gently placed her forehead on top of his and tightened her hold around his neck for warmth more than support. 

The waves had washed over their bodies resurfacing certain wounds and healing others. 

As the dawn broke on the Eastern horizon painting the sky a distinctly unique hue, they held each other tightly listening to the waves crashing on the shores for nature was the only thing that made sense at the moment.

To be continued....