Let's step outside

It had been a week since Noor had been discharged from the hospital and Zoya poured all the love and attention that she felt she had not given to her younger sibling for the past few years. Doctor Arshad paid regular visit to their place and most of the time they bonded over the Mussoorie days, which annoyed Arjun at times since he was also a part of this gang. 

Zoya was just glad that her Kohinoor was recovering well. However, amidst this evening laughter, snacks and juices she missed that one person away from her sight. A part of her wished Aditya would stay for brunch at times. But then  Zoya would chide herself, what relationship did they share that she expected him to spent quality time with her. Fate had played an obscure trick with the two of them. Their partners cheated, he was after Yash's destruction even after death, she wanted her father's name away from the list of suspects of the so called murder of their spouses and he too would do anything to save his family's business ventures which would be badly tarnished if Rajveer's so called investigation would come out in the open. Zoya was well aware of the fact that Aditya Hooda was a ruthless businessman with power, money and magnetic charm that made women week in their knees.

 The other day she entered his office to find Sanjana touching his arms unnecessarily while discussing a business deal. That tall dusky beauty with a strong personality and sharp business mind, Sanjana, was Aditya's future not her. She had come home after seeing them in the office together and subconsciously looked at herself in the bathroom mirror dense with steam. Zoya smiled at her reflection, but that smile did not reach her doe eyes. Subconsciously she thought about Aditya and herself, their height difference was rather too much she deliberately wore only heels after they got 'married', for being intimidated by his towering figure during a heated argument was the last thing she ever wanted. Her hands reached the knot of her bath robe slightly revealing her breast, the woman inside her realised that they were small in comparison to those attractive big breasts hugged by Sanjana's attractive dress. That night before Arshad's phone call, what would have happened if there was no interruption. Would he have taken her roughly? His lustful grunts still rang on her ears as chills shuddered through her spines every time flashbacks of their physical intimacy invaded her memories. This destructive wave that engulfed her entire being, consuming her soul, captivating her mind needed to be done away with. The only way to do it was continue sinking in the bubbles of the tub, submerging ones thought till one comes out in the surface choking for air. 

Zoya was relieved when Arshad called and asked her to step out of the house for an evening coffee. 

"It's been a week Kunal and you guys have not found a lead to the attack? What about my motorcycle?"

Frustration was evident in Aditya's voice as he spoke to Superintendent of Police, Kunal Rao, also his best friend. 

'Adi calm down please you very well know that speedy investigation means media attention and rest I do not need to tell you.'

Aditya closed his eyes, he took a deep breath and apologized to Kunal for he knew his displaced sense of anger and restlessness was unfair to Kunal.

He sat down placing his large palms over his face taking a deep breath. Everything was a mess right now and Zoya seemed so faraway from him nowadays. Ever since the hospital incident she seemed so engrossed in her sister's well being, it irked him to realise that every part of him missed having her around him. Earlier it was just the two of them and their anger, their hurting spree and those unfathomable yearnings. Recently for him it seemed like an invisible wall was built around them, she was surrounded by people and he being anti social all his life was pushed back to the background. Things became worst with Doctor Arshad constantly hovering around her. The only way  to divert his mind was too bury deep in either work or trail of investigation. There were times when she would come rushing wanting to know what he wanted for breakfast or sent prepared lunch for him, he would brush it off by saying that he was in a hurry or Victor would see to it. The hurt in her eyes were unbearable, the beast within him would want to roughly grab her thin waist and  quench his undying thirst from her red lips. This was how he was dodging her for the past one week.

There was a slight knock on the door, today he was compelled to shut himself inside his study in search of some important clue to this never ending mystery. Besides he had noticed that Sanjana paid unnecessary visits to his office making him more irritable. Whatever Sanjana and he shared in the past was his past now although he respected her as an intelligent professional and a good friend, but her subtle advances added to his list of  irritation where Zoya and that tall doctor topped the list.

"Come in," he did not look up for the familiar fragrance of her body shower invaded his senses rather too strongly.

'Hi I am stepping out with Arshad, Noor is resting on her own she said she will manage and Arjun might turn up.'

She was dressed in a casual denim and white top had put on white sneakers, minimum make up and her hair was tied in a messy bun. Aditya had never seen her dressed so casually, whenever she had to go out with him she would adorn herself in the most formal saree and ethnic jewelleries. Apart from sarees he had only seen her wearing long ethnic Kurtas (anarkalis) or whatever they were called topped with beautiful chandelier earrings  (jhumkas). There was a sudden upsurge of anger within him realising that her most natural self was reserved for that tall doctor. 

'Aditya woh humne hospitals ke saare paise aap ke account mein transfer Kar diya Hain. Thank you for paying the bills at that time, thank you for everything aur most probably hum Noor ko leke Mussoorie chalein jayenge within a week or will shift to another place.'

"Hmmm...okay" was his short reply.

She turned to leave only to find his large hands shutting the door with a force. Before she could react he grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards his desk. 

"Did you see this footage Zoya? Someone had entered my garage a few days before Arjun and Noor met with an accident. Your smart enough to figure out things Zoya if you want to be with that tall guy that's perfectly fine but at least don't add to this mess."

He was spitting fire from his mouth as he poured another glass of bourbon for himself knowing that it annoyed the hell out of her.

'Firstly Arshad is a friend, secondly you have no right to be so rude and thirdly it is perfectly fine to work without gulping this amount of alcohol. I am fully aware that we need to be cautious, but since I felt we might be encroaching your privacy especially with your female colleagues eagerly wanting to spend time with you I thought it's better to move out of your house.'

Before she could move away while trying to stop her he tripped and both of them ended on his study chair with her on top of his lap.

"So you have a problem with Sanjana?"

Aditya buried his head on her neck inhaling her fragrance.

'Not as much as you have a problem with Arshad.'

Zoya managed to utter while faltering because she felt all life had been sucked out of her as she leaned completely on him.

He snuggled his face closer to her neck as his embrace tightened. Her hands ran through his beard removing the lock of hair from his forehead. 

'Let's go out, take a break.' 

She whispered with her forehead touching his and her hands on caressing his cheek and neck. He continued rocking her gently in his arms.

"You want me to shave and have a hair cut don't you?"

They both laughed softly together, she pushed back his hair. 

Words were not needed, in this absurd circumstances they found each other. Dark days were more to come and wounds yet to be healed but holding each other closely was sukoon at the moment.

To be continued.....