Drown in the tide.

*Matrure content ahead. 

It was a dark and cold cell with only a light bulb above the table, while sitting on the chair with upper body slouched on the table Rajveer immediately recognised the footsteps coming towards him. He smiled at the tall figure standing with his hands inside the pocket of his sleek three piece suit. 

'Hello Aditya Hooda sir congratulations aap jeet gaye. Aapke power, position, yeh expensive suit sab jeet gayi.' 

Rajveer's  deep laugh with no mirth filled the room, he stopped suddenly because for the first time Rajveer saw a grin in Aditya's face after many years.

"Chal suit utardi ab tu aur main ek hi platform pe" Aditya said while removing his coat, he loosened his tie and rolled up the sleeves of his shirt.

'Chal maar mujhe Adi nikalde apni saari gussa,' Rajveer advised casually.

"I am here to give you an ultimatum Rajveer, bhulja Jo kuch bhi past mein hua, Chala ja hum sab se dur I will take back my police complaint against you."

"Waah Adi tu maahan kab se ban gaya? Hero type baatein Karne laga hai, Zoya ke liye?"

Before Rajveer could say another word his vision became blurred as a sharp blow landed on his jaws 

"I could have killed you but I won't, choice is yours Rajveer either leave my family forever or rot in jail for I have enough evidence against you that I can use in front of the court."

Aditya could sense the fear in Rajveer's eyes as he growled into his face, for a moment he wanted to rip off Rajveer's head over his body but he stopped midway and turned around to leave.

'You are a monster Adi no matter how much you try to portray yourself differently in front of her, you have already crushed her soul how much will you harm her more, I am no one Adi there are dangerous people coming after her all because of you."

Aditya stopped midway as his eyes burned with pure rage,

'You have this night Rajveer runaway if you can, the cops will get you at the break of dawn' Aditya announced stoically as he walked briskly into the night.

"Her life is in danger because of you."

Rajveer yelled as Aditya started the engine, in the darkness of the night he clutched the steering wheel tighter for he his biggest fear deep inside was that Rajveer was a lot of things but not a liar. This was the second time Rajveer mentioned that he had damaged Zoya beyond repair. 

'"Victor" Aditya called out to his house staff, they had shifted back to his place ever since the beach night.

"Ma'm aagayi" he inquired while entering the hall.

'Yes sir didi upar rest Kar rahi hai unhone bola ki unki tabiyat thik nahin hai'

Victor informed timidly.

"Kya tabiyat thik nahin? Tumne doctor ya mujhe call kyun nahin kiya. Idiot."

He rushed upstairs, meanwhile Zoya woke up due to the sound coming from downstairs.

"Kya hua? Why didn't you call me if you were unwell? Why haven't you called the doctor? Victor call the doctor immediately."

He was not letting her speak as he traced his large hand all over her face, finally rubbing her chin gently with his thumb. His voice came out so gentle that she had to close her eyes for a long forgotten sensation shook her entire being.

Aditya quickly removed his hands for he mistook her gesture as repulsion.

By the time she opened her eyes the mask had been worn and only dark and distant eyes stared back at her.

"Rajveer will leave town tonight, he will not continue with the investigation." 

He announced clearing his throat as he walked towards the window from where the moonlight flooded into the room. 

'How did he agree so easily?' she spoke for the first time tonight.

"I was serious when I asked you to trust me Zoya. In his wildest of dreams Rajveer could never thought about us getting married. When the unthinkable happened emotions got the better of him and he pulled his stunt of kidnapping the two of us. Police had already been informed and I had to play along."

She could hear him smile a bit although he was leaning next to the window with his back facing her.

"Feel free to leave Zoya, our plan has succeeded he won't come after your father. Forget about Pooja and Yash, start a new life according to your wish."

Every word he uttered surprisingly felt like a sharp dagger to him piercing through his stone cold heart.

'You were playing along Aditya?"

Her voice was deadly serious as she slowly approached him and held his arms firmly to turn him around and face her. Aditya was not expecting this move from her and he faltered a little.

'You could barely walk Aditya, there were bruises all over your body, you were bleeding and you say you played along?'

She was tightly clutching his shirt with her chocolate brown eyes red with anger, hurt and an emotion Aditya did not dare to decode brimming through river of tears flowing from her eyes.

'and I was so scarred...'

She broke down placing her head on his chest, her head spinning due to her low blood pressure and emotional outburst. God knew how scared she was at the thought of losing him, what kind of an absurd situation was this where she dreaded the idea of losing someone who was indirectly responsible for her biggest loss. Aditya could not move from his place, he felt numb until he felt a tingling sensation on his forehead, her lips were touching his forehead as she had tiptoed bending his head for the peck.

Before she could retreat with her usual courteous apology, she felt large forearm snake around her waist. The next thing she knew his lips had crashed on hers as he groaned. The kiss was far from being gentle, it was desperate as he bit her lower lips hard. His lips travelled down her long neck attacking her collar bones as their bodies slumped on the bed and as she closed her eyes in fear encircling arms around his neck while her fingers massaged his scalp. They wanted each other more than the physical body it was the innate longing of their fragmented beings, breathless he stared into her eyes as his heavy body crushed her delicate one beneath him. Their eyes spoke of their vulnerabilities, loss and shortcomings, Aditya once again made her lips his captive kissing her with that reckless passion he felt for her ever since the first thunderous night in Mussoorie where her body provided solace to his bruised and battered one.

The sudden sound from her phone broke Zoya's trance whereas his lips encircled around one of her thinly claded nipples.

'Aadityaa..' she moaned biting her lips for she was well aware of her phone ringing continuously in the background.

She kissed his thick mane in an attempt to calm both of them down, his fingers were about to disentangle the knot of her nightwear when she clasped her hands on his neck bringing his forehead to rest on hers. In an unspoken language they understood each other as he rose from the bed and handed her the ringing phone. 

"Hello" she responded to the caller while arranging her dishelved hair very aware of his intense gaze on her.

'Is this Zoya Siddiqui that I'm speaking to?' the voice was somehow very familiar.

'Zoya, Arshad here will you please come down to the city nursing home and explain to me that why Noor is not staying with you in Mumbai.'

" What? I...Arshad" Zoya could not form her words properly.

'Zoya don't panic but Noor is in the hospital.' 

She could not wait for Arshad to finish his words.

Meanwhile, Aditya called Arjun immediately after seeing innumerable missed calls from his brother,

"What? Arjun you met with an accident?"

Aditya and Zoya stood their dumbfounded for sometime...

To be continued.....