Winds gushing from the past

3rd October, 2017

"Ek ajeeb sa sukoon milta hai iss Dil ko jab woh mere kareeb hota hai. Abhi bahar bin mausam baarish ho rahi hai aur Adi is sleeping peacefully next to me. Bahut kaam Kar ta hai Adi kahe ta hai humare aane wale future ke liye. I wish the ground below me would engulf my entire being when I think about how I am moving away from him with him in the dark. Mujhe maaf Kar do Adi, kaash main tumhe bata paati ki we were never meant to be life partners, we were best of friends but pyaar sirf dosti nahin hota pyaar mein junoon hota hai aur woh main uske liye feel karti hoon...."

He closed the diary and looked at her who was still looking at the pages deep in her thoughts.

"Are you okay? Why are we even reading this?"

He asked with concern written all over his face. Aditya had come to visit Zoya as she was still staying with her parents. Wasim tried to stop him but Roshnaq firmly reminded her husband that Aditya was legally their son in law and nobody has the right to stop him from meeting his wife.

They were sitting on the bed in the room she shared with Noor. When he entered she had shown him the diary, he immediately recognized as Pooja's diary. 

"Where did you get it from? I searched for it for a while after the accident."

Aditya confessed.

'When we stayed with your parents after you were injured by Rajveer I overheard daadi and papa's conversation about this diary. I came home and Arjun was waiting for me, he handed me the diary and said he stole it from your father's study. Arjun said that if anyone had the right to read it then it's either me or his brother. Somehow I was too scared to open the diary or tell you about it so when Abbu adamantly wanted me to leave the house I agreed for this was a safer place to read the diary and I wanted to read it with you.'

Aditya smiled amazed at his brother's newfound ability to keep secrets from his bhai. They continued reading, Aditya leaned on the bed post after reading a page where Pooja had mentioned that Yash had love in his marriage with Zoya but no friendship and Aditya and she were best friends but passionate love was lacking in their relationship.

"I guess we desperately needed to brush our 'being good spouse' skills." 

She smiled at his usual sarcasm and realised that for the first time they were sitting in the same bed and reading pages from the past that deeply affected their present. Zoya flipped the pages there were some pages missing.

25th December, 2017

"Yash is ready to divorce Zoya for the sake of our child our unborn baby. But Adi? What will he do after I leave? Anjana ma his stepmother is more affectionate to him in comparison to his own daadi, today I told Yash everything and he feels my life is in danger if I stay in this house with these people."

Zoya flipped the page but again torn pages of the diary.

Meanwhile, Aditya had gently gathered her into his arms as big tears flooded her brown orbs.

'He was about to leave me anyways Aditya, my baby would have grown up without a father.'

She cried clutching his shirt tightly, he gently rocked her as she comfortably sat on his lap. Aditya sighed deeply for everything was confusing him, with closed eyes he inhaled the fragrance of her hair for the faint smell of cherry blossoms transported him to a less chaotic realm. When least expected he felt her soft lips over his breast pocket. His arms around her little frame tightened for he knew she was weeping for her own child, Pooja's child and most importantly that lonely lost boy who grew up loveless. He loosened his grip as she shifted a little, stretching her neck she pushed back his hair and planted a kiss on his forehead.

"Everything will be fine just hold on."

She whispered and like a little boy he nodded his head for she had casted a spell wherein he had no control over his own senses he obeyed to her every command.

 Aditya nuzzled his head at the crook of her neck inhaling her fragrance for he yearned for solace and protection. As Zoya As Zoya stroked his hair the fear of the impending danger hung large above them but being in each other's arms radiated infinite calm amongst the brewing storm.