Chapter Seven

Private Investigator Justin Moore stared across his desk at the man in front of him.

"Lucas, I'm telling you I have checked all leads and have found nothing leading to the whereabouts of your wife"

"Have you tapped into her cousin Madison's phone? Arianna would contact her sooner or later. They are really close"

Justin sighed and looked over the paperwork in front of him "I'll see what I can dig up and call you in a few days"

Lucas stood from his chair and shook the man's hand "Thank you Justin"

Walking out of Justin's office, Lucas was hounded by the press.

"Mr. Carter can you tell us why your were visiting a PI?"

"Lucas can you tell us what happened to your wife?"

"Lucas why did your brother commit suicide?"

Pushing away the reporters Lucas rushed to his car and drove off.

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

Arianna and Mark had finally decided to go Christmas shopping, They have lived in Florida now for slightly over ten months and had absolutely nothing ready for the holiday. Madison and her parents will be arriving tomorrow morning and Leaving sometime by the end of January. It's been so long since she has seen her beloved family that she knew there would be many Tears.

Within the last few months Arianna learned that Lucas had been searching for her and tried to tap into Madison's phone. The only way Arianna could talk to her was off of a burner phone that couldn't be traced. She had no Idea why Lucas was looking for her, She had paid her Father's debt but maybe he wanted to hand her their divorce papers. Shrugging off the thought Arianna walked into the wall in search of the perfect gift for Madison.

"Arianna I'm going into this watch store, I'll meet you back here in 20 minutes" Mark informed Arianna.

"Okay I'll be in the coach store how about you come find me when you are finished."

"Oh god, women and their purses" Arianna laughed at her father.

"Which reminds me what are you going to buy Lisa for Christmas?"

9 months ago Mark met a wonderful woman by the name of Lisa Bowers at their local Gym. Since their first meeting, they have been madly in love. Arianna absolutely adored Lisa and hoped someday to see them get married.

Mark lit up like fireworks when Arianna mentioned Lisa "I'm not sure yet, you can help me pick out something after I buy my watch battery"

"Okay see you in twenty" Arianna smiled as her father entered the Watch store and tried to figure out what she should buy for Lisa.

Arianna and Lisa were attached at the hip, Lisa treated Ari like her daughter and Ari couldn't wait until she became her step mother.

At the age of 8, Arianna's mother Heather, was killed in a drunk driving accident. It had only been her father growing up and Arianna was more than ready to have a permanent woman figure in her life.

Browsing around in the coach store, Arianna picked out the perfect wallet to match Madison's new purse.

"Will this be all Ma'am" the cashier Asked with a smile.

"Yes that is all" Arianna took her wallet out and grabbed the cash needed to make the purchase. Before Arianna left California she withdrew all of her money And made sure to only purchase everything using cash.

"There you ready pumpkin, did you find everything you needed?" Mark asked his daughter when he walked into the Coach store.

"Sure did, where to next?"