Chapter Twenty-one

Nine days have passed since Lucas slipped into a coma. Arianna was lost, scared and quickly losing hope. She begged and prayed for him to wake up but every minute he remained sleeping, she felt like he was slipping deeper into a coma and feared she will lose him forever.

She hated death, she hated Alex and she hated that there's a possibility both her children will grow up without a daddy. She knew all to well what it was like to grow up with only one parent. No child should have to go through that. 

Lost in thought, Arianna didn't hear when the door opened until she felt someone touch her shoulder "Ari, sweetie you need to eat. You are now eating for two and I know that when Lucas wakes up, he will get upset if you don't take care of yourself" Madison spoke softly.

"I know Maddy. I'm just so scared that he won't wake up and if he does wake up, I don't want him to think I was never here for him" Arianna answered as tears began to flood her eyes.

Madison pulled over a chair and sat next to Arianna. Looking at Lucas, she herself wondered If he would wake up. The doctors had told them that he should wake up but as the days passed even the doctors didn't understand why he remained in a coma "he needs time to heal honey. Lucas is a stubborn asshole. It took him over 4 and a half years to realize he was in love with you honey. Do you really think he would give up on you so quickly?" She asked.

Arianna sucked in a deep breath to contain her tears "he is very stubborn. I just hope his love for us is strong enough to wake him up"

"He won't leave you honey. You of all people can feel that. You know it will be okay" Madison said gripping onto her hands.

"I don't know what to feel Maddy. Right now I just want him to wake the hell up because I feel like I am the one dying inside without him. Gabby keeps asking "why is daddy still sleeping?" How can I tell her I'm not sure if Daddy will wake up. Madison, I can't go through this anymore. I've already lost enough, I can't lose him as well"

Madison gave her a small smile and embraced Arianna "don't give up. He will come back to us. Just wait and see honey. He will"

Arianna didn't bother to answer back, letting her tears fall, she watched as Lucas continued to keep his eyes closed, face neutral and arms slack. Praying for a damn Miracle to happen Arianna pulled away from Madison and crawled into bed next to Lucas. She wasn't sure if he could feel her but she felt better holding onto him. Closing her eyes, she smiled when she heard someone whisper "I love you" before falling into a deep sleep.

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦

Arianna felt the sun shinning on her face and slowly blinked her eyes open. However, she never expected a pair of icy baby blues smiling back at her "Morning baby" the deep scratchy voice said cheerfully. His eyes dancing with laugher and a slight bit of pain deep inside of them. She stared. Saying nothing at all, she blinked a few times and even pinched herself just to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"You aren't dreaming" Lucas laughed and winched at the pain in his head.

Arianna mouth fell open but couldn't form any words. She was in shock, 10 days he was sleeping, 10 horrible and scary days she worried he would leave her. "H-how..you're awake?" She studdered questionably as she tried to decide whether or not her mind was playing tricks on her or that he was really wake and actually holding her.

Lucas smiled his 'heart stopping smile' "I am baby. The question is are you okay?" He asked her and let his eyes roam over her body. He noticed a few different things. One, she was glowing. Two, her breasts were slightly bigger and three, her belly looked rounder. Somewhere deep inside of him, he knew she wasn't telling him something.