Chapter Fourteen

Arianna woke up the next morning and smiled. The waves were crashing against the beach and the sun was shinning, indicating that the day would be warm. She could hear the seagulls and savored the serene moment. It was peaceful and relaxing,

Arianna forgot how to relax until last night. Lucas' words played over and over in her head 'I want you, it's always been you" she believed him, he changed last night. His eyes were still icy and cold but his voice was deeper and gentle. He had shown her what his heart was saying even though he couldn't say the words. Arianna knew he loved her, she felt it when his strong arms held her or when he would stoke her hair, the way he kissed her over and over but never went further than kissing.

In between kisses Arianna told him how much she loved him and everything she loved about him. She wasn't expecting him to tell her he loved her but it was a huge step for him. Lucas' heart was so broken over his past that he forgot how to love again, he closed himself off for too long. It was normal for him but Arianna knew he was opening up and when he fully let's her in, she was sure there would be many emotions.

Deciding to take a nice warm bubble bath, Arianna climbed out of bed and made her way into the bathroom. Turning the water on hot, she tossed in her Lavender bath bomb and undressed.

Sinking into the hot water, she felt relief and her muscles began to relax. Closing her eyes, she leaned her head back against the tub.

Soft lips touched hers and she smiled before opening her eyes "Mm good morning" She murmured to Lucas.

"Morning baby, I brought you coffee. 2 sugars, vanilla creamer and topped with whipped cream" He smiled and sat down on the side of the tub.

She felt her heart soar into the clouds when he never moved his eyes lower, he only looked into her eyes "Thank you so much" Taking a sip she moaned "Oh Lucas this is amazing! do you have to work today?" she asked eyeing his tight jeans, black work boots and his blue dress shirt. The sleeves had been rolled up to his elbows and his tattoos were showing.

"Nope, everything has been taken care of. I thought about taking you and Gabby out today. Do you have plans?"

She smiled up at her gorgeous husband and took another sip of her coffee, she could get use to this "no, Madison and I had plans but she canceled. I guess her and B are going out. So, we are all yours. What do you have in mind?"

Lucas' face changed but she couldn't quite figure out his reaction "Did you say B was taking her out?"

Arianna laughed at his shocked face "Yeah, they have been hanging out more. Madison told me that he would take her out to dinner, shopping and even stay with her until her parents get home from work. Why?"

He shook his head and smiled "Brandon never did that with Courtney, he always made sure to invite others to go out with them. He hated taking her anywhere. He loves Madison doesn't he? I mean it would make sense, he never left the hospital and would always talk about her"

Leaning up she pulled him down and softly kissed him. When she pulled away she looked into his eyes and spoke directly to him "I think they love each but they just don't realize it or they are afraid to admit how they feel about each other. Love isn't blind honey. Soon enough they will confess how they feel but for now I think Brandon and Madison are just enjoying themselves" the last bit was about Madison and Brandon but Lucas knew she was talking about them.

So many emotions flickered deep inside his blue eyes "I agree but I think they know that they are in love but afraid of losing themselves again. They just need time to forgive and forget the past"

Arianna sucked in a breath, his words weren't about Madison or Brandon. He's admitting to loving her. Looking back into his eyes she saw nothing but love for her. If she hadn't been sitting down she would've fallen to the ground in a heap crying. Her cold and mean Devil loved her. Tears poured down her face and felt him wiping them away with his thumb. Neither of them looked away. She could feel the love rolling off of him in waves. She didn't care that he couldn't tell her yet, she didn't care about the past. All she needed was this man and her daughter. "I love you Lucas, so damn much"