37

[Chapter thirty-seven]

-Nevaeh-

"I'm so hungry!" Max complains as we walk into the campus cafe, order our drinks and go straight to our corner booth in the back.

"You're always hungry." Dylan mumbles, sliding into the booth, Megan sliding in next to him and I slide in on the other side of the booth.

Max goes to sit down next to me but Noah is quicker, bumping him out of the way and sliding in next to me instead.

Everyone stares at Noah.

"I wanted to sit next to Nevaeh!" Max whines.

"Too bad. I'm sitting next to her." Noah says.

"She's my best friend!" Max argues, stomping his foot slightly while pouting.

"Yeah? Well, she's my..." Noah trails off when he realises he doesn't have anything to call me. "Carter! She's my Carter."

We all stare at him yet again.

"That's a legitimate argument." Max Nods, shrugging, before sliding in next to Megan as everyone nods in agreement.

Noah grins victoriously as he throws an arm around my shoulder.

The waitress comes over with our drinks and takes our food orders before walking away.

"I'm your Carter?" I repeat as I lean closer to Noah, raising an eyebrow.

"Does anyone else call you Carter?" He counters, leaning his face closer to me.

"No."

"Then, yeah, you're my Carter." He grins, shrugging. I grin back at him.

"What's going on with you two?" Dylan questions making us look away from each other and look at him instead.

"What're you talking about, Dildo?" I question, leaning into Noah's side.

"You've been all touchy-feely and real close all morning." He explains. "So what's going on?"

"Nothi—"

"Wait, did something happen when Noah came to our dorm at three in the morning?" Megan gasps, cutting me off.

"N—" I'm cut off once again.

"You went to their dorm at three in the morning?" Max and Dylan both exclaim in unison, turning to Noah.

"Wait, did you go to tell Nevaeh that you broke up with Hazel?" Max questions Noah.

"I—"

"You broke up with Hazel?" Megan turns to Noah, cutting him off.

"You didn't know?" Max turns to her.

"You did?" She looks at Max in annoyance.

"It hasn't even been twenty-four hours, of course she wouldn't have known." Dylan cuts in.

"I would have if one of you had told me." Megan shoots back.

"Hey, don't blame this on us." Max points at her.

"Max, get your finger out of her face." Dylan sighs, slapping Max's hand away from Megan.

"Don't slap me, bitchass!" Max exclaims, slapping the back of Dylan's head.

"Don't slap him!" Megan slaps the side of Max's head.

The three continue arguing.

I look at Noah who looks at me.