48

[Chapter forty-eight]

Or

In Which the Foolish Five sit and reminisce

Italics = flashback (third person's point of view)

-Nevaeh-

"What're you talking about?" Dylan scoffs as Max finishes talking. "It was your idea to go camping, oh smart one."

"And you got us lost, hun." Megan adds.

Max shoots her a look of betrayal. "I did not get us lost."

"Yes, you did." Noah states. "You told us you knew how to use a map and then you had no idea where we were."

"And you dropped the compass in the fucking gorge." I croak out, giving him a pointed look. "And we ended up being behind the university the whole time."

"Hey, I'm not the only stupid one." Max folds his arms. "What about that time in high school I told you guys a simple plan and none of you got it?"

"-everyone got it?" Max finishes telling his friends the plan to prank Ms Fields and they all nod.

"Yup, I'm attaching the air horn to the desk." Nevaeh, Noah, Dylan and Megan all say in unison before looking at each other in confusion. "What?"

"No, Nevaeh's keeping look out." Dylan shakes his head.

"How is she supposed to keep look out when we can't even see her eyes?" Noah retorts.

"The same way she walks around without walking of a cliff." Dylan shoots. "She can still see even if we can't see her eyes, dumbass."

"Dylan, you're keeping look out." Megan interjects. "Nevaeh's putting the glad wrap on the door."

"What? No, I'm not." Dylan shakes his head. "Max was obviously looking at Vaeh when he was talking about who was on look out."

"I thought Dylan was putting the glad wrap on the door." Noah interrupts.

"No, you're putting the the glad wrap on the door." Dylan says. "I'm unbolting the chair."

"I thought Max was putting the glad wrap on the door." Nevaeh scratches her cheek.

"I thought Megan was unbolting the chair." Noah admits.

"Me? With tools? Yeah right." Megan scoffs. "I thought Noah was unbolting the chair."

"I thought Noah was putting glue on the chair." Nevaeh says in confusion.

"But I'm attaching the air horn to the desk." They all say in unison again.

"Oh my god!" Max shouts, making them look at him. His eye is twitching and his face is red. "Megan's keeping look out, Dylan's putting glad wrap on the door, Noah's putting glue on the seat of the chair, Nevaeh's unbolting the chair and I'm attaching the air horn to the desk!"

Nevaeh scoffs at him. "Well maybe you should actually say our names next time."

"Dude, that was your fault." Dylan rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, you didn't say our names when you were telling us the plan and you barely looked at us when you gave someone a task." Megan explains.

"This is bullying!" Max shouts making me wince slightly.

"Max, shut up!" Noah snaps.

Max looks at me with sorrow. "Sorry, Vaeh."

"It's fine." I shake my head, smiling slightly. "Wait, Max, how did you even end up kicking Kamri into the tree?"