Chapter 11( Bonus Flashback):Siege of Baler

Katipuneros HQ,Colorado

Sohinki's Office

Sohinki's POV

Juan Carlos Francisco gives us 4 Bottles of Jerez(Spanish Wine) and 3 Boxes of Cuban Cigars.I smoked one Cigar.Then i drank one Cup of Jerez."This Reminds me of my Meztiso(half Filipino,half Spanish)Great Great Uncle.My Father told me his story during Baler"Juan said. "Baler?"Lasercorn asked."Yeah.Siege of Baler. Let me tell you what happened"

1898, Baler

Col.Teodoro Francisco's POV

"Fuego!Francisco,Kunin mo ang mga sugatan!(Fire!Francisco,get the wounded)"Liutenant Zayas said as we retreatred to the church.I used my Mauser Gewehr 1898 to shoot at Republican Soldiers.I got 3 Wounded Guardia Civil Soldiers to the church.We (50 Soldiers) went to the church to fortify it.There is a ceasefire.More 400 Republican(filipino) Soldiers arrived."Gutom na tayo!"Zayas said as the Cook served Meat and Bread and Wine to us.Then i reload my Mauser and looked at the window.I saw 2 Guys (Filipinos) Trumpeting and one has a paper.I went out with a white flag and took the paper.It says surrender.But we fought.We have a Mass to have Guidence and Wisdom.Then the Balerians complained they are not in a mass so they went to the mass and we hide.

Two Months Later

"We dont have Rations for all of us.You need to steal from the Barrio"Zayas said as Me and my Meztiso Friend Altrecio Malavar went outside on night to steal at least 5 Baskets of food.They are having a feast.I ecountered Simon Tecson.I wounded him and Malavar went to the church and so am i.Then we saw 15 Americans from a cutter nearing in.Liutenant Zayas got shot and died."Defense Position!"Our Commander,Martin Cerezo uses his Pistol to kill 5 Soldiers.

10 Months Later

I have now a Beard.And i only have a bolo.So i decide to surrender.I took the Banner and went out."Spanish!Ready!"Simon said as i waved the white flag."Fuego!"Cerezo said as his men fired at my leg."Defense the Man!"Simon said as 5 Filipinos defended me.Then i met my fellow Comrades

Present Day

"Cool Story!"Sohinki said.