OO2

AUTHOR

 ‍  ‍  ‍ before knocking, the purple-haired man rang the bell, uttered every kind of curse he could think of, and rested the gun in his waist. it hasn't even been ten seconds since rindou pressed the doorbell, yet he could already feel his patience waning as he walked up to the short set of stairs and an another round of tapping with the soles of his feet on the cemented ground whilst rolling his eyes. he inhaled deeply and made one more effort to find anything, anything, to hold his interest for at least a few minutes longer in order for him not to lose his cool. his efforts were only rewarded by silence and nothing, other than the sound of the nature. if the door won't open the second time he'll knock, rindou would just bust it open. 

 ‍  ‍  ‍ i'm going to fucking kill sanzu when he gets back.

 ‍  ‍  ‍ just as he was about to knock again, he heard footsteps coming from inside— coming closer, and closer. after what seemed like an eternity, the polished door in front of him swung open, stunning him with the appearance of a pink beat costume. for a brief period, all that could be heard was the sound made by the cars, and rindou, who was chewing a bubblegum nearly choked himself while looking at the figure with furrowed eyebrows.

‍  ‍ ‍"oh, i'm sorry!" you chuckled, taking the bear's head off with a wide smile slowly stretching around the corner of your lips and couldn't help but to wonder why haitani rindou is standing in your doorway. "how can i help you?"

‍  ‍ ‍eyes widening, rindou stared in silence. nothing could compare to the shock that overcame him when he finally had a clear glimpse of your face; this was not a dream, you were real. as soon as your eyes met his, a wide smile spread across your face. you were standing right there in front of him, and everything seemed too surreal for him to comprehend the situation, how it seemed like the whole world has vanished around his view. what surprised him? the purple-haired had a long history with you and hadn't anticipated running into you again, let alone as sanzu's girlfriend. "y/n?" 

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "that's me, did sanzu⎯"

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "yes, he told me to look after you while he's gone. what's your schedule for today?" the male in front of you was scowling, his sharp eyes digging into yours as if he were attempting yo take in the entirety of your being. although there weren't many people around, you had a strange feeling. maybe he was some kind of pervert looking for victims? you were just relieved that he wasn't asking you any questions about your body's functioning, not even an ounce of curiosity on why you were wearing a bear suit in the first place, though his gaze did make you uncomfortable.

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "i, uh..." you mumbled, "i have work at the restaurant this morning, just two hours because they hired new people today."

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "you're going to the restaurant wearing that?"

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "is there a problem with my costume?"

 ‍  ‍  ‍ with an elevated brow, the purple-haired male's gaze was directed from top to bottom of you. after a few seconds, he sighed. the longer you stared at him, the more you could see a faint vein popping in his cloth-covered forehead. his focused scrutiny made you feel a little uneasy, as though a predator were examining you like an insect, but suddenly he relaxed his expression. "okay, let's just go. i'm driving you there."

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "no, i'm just kidding. i have no job at the moment, i'm going to the nature park to have some inner peace. wanna come?" you laughed.

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "are your things already ready?"

 ‍  ‍  ‍ "yes!"

 ‍  ‍  ‍ putting your bag on his car, you quickly made your way back to yuzuha's house to take off your bear costume— the consequence after losing a challenge with your younger brother last night while rindou waited inside his car. after a while, you came back and rindou felt like punching himself with what he just witnessed. the purple-haired only scowled at you and hesitated to open the car door, leaving you to handle it on your own. your chin was held high in defiance as you stood there waiting for him to act, despite the fact that your pulse was racing like crazy and you could feel yourself trembling a little.