O18

AUTHOR

‍ ‍ ‍ "i don't know, i kicked him in the balls with the point of my high heels and ran away! i'm about to face the consequences tomorrow, so farewell, my happy life."

‍ ‍ ‍ you certainly were unaware that arranged marriages existed in real life; you only ever see them in books or movies and it was only a matter of time before you had to acknowledge the truth- not that you weren't aware of everything, in fact, your mother used to tell you about it every morning when you were young. it was common for the riches to wed in a political sort of way, the moment it was finally your turn just didn't feel right. although, they did have a saying: "when a girl can't marry for love, she must marry for money." this wasn't always the case, but that's a story for another day. your family's wealth was always very respectable, even more so because of your status as an trouble maker child, so there wasn't much reason to be surprised. there wasn't even a reason for you to be wed, they must be planning something.

‍ ‍ ‍ removing the yellow turtle neck with a little bit of struggling, you reluctantly turned to face the mirror in the bathroom. you felt so strange, so different from your usual self. it seemed like you were on the other side, again. a world away from who you really are. it made you feel uneasy, like you were forgetting a part of yourself, like you were losing your place in the world and no one will care. you brushed your hair into an attempt to make yourself look presentable. it worked in theory, but if anyone asked you what you were wearing you would surely be able to come up with a completely false answer. "once taiju hears this, he'll bring you back to the asylum. this isn't about the marriage nor kisaki but you, i am worried about you." the ginger-haired female spoke through the phone whilst you took a deep breath, trying to push out all those negative thought, you were better than that.

‍ ‍ ‍ "what were they up to?" you paused, quickly pressing the phone back to your ears after stealing rindou's clothes that you found through the cabinet. "it seems like they were up to something. what could it possibly be?"

‍ ‍ ‍ "i have no idea, they probably had their own plans. they never told me what they were doing, hakkai wasn't informed as well. please, don't do anything reckless like that again and don't lower your guards. i assume whatever they are plotting, is not safe. please stay vigilant." you didn't miss her last words, her voice was still full of emotion, but now with a hint of anxiety. she sounded stressed, worried, maybe even afraid? you're not sure how you should react, you couldn't say yes without making her worry about you more than she already does. they were going to put you in danger, there's no doubt about it but you were also curious, you wanted answers. you wanted them to tell you why they suddenly brought up marriage in the first place because the reason they told during the dinner wasn't convincing. it was almost too convenient but you weren't sure where to start.

‍ ‍ ‍ "i will try, please take care." you replied, hanging up after the conversation between yuzuha ended. it allowed you plenty of time to gather your thoughts and calm yourself down, walking out of the room before you could see red.

‍ ‍ ‍ you found yourself meandering down the corridor with nothing to do, entranced by the art works and huge vases on the walls. the purple-haired male's figure was the first thing to greet you when you went downstairs, though he didn't seemed to acknowledge your presence. you leaned your body against the counter as you observed the man sitting on the desk with unkempt purple hair, a glass resting on the bridge of his nose, and a cigarette lit on his lips. "about the new guards that kokonoi hired last week, tell them to check who they're working for and focus more on their surroundings. they look tough but too eccentric and plain dumb-", the smell of smoke was strong enough to make you cough a few times, it wasn't like the nicotine was any good anyway. he didn't notice you at first, too engrossed in reading the newspaper, yet as soon as his eyes landed on yours, his gaze immediately softened whilst quickly taking the piece of cigarette in his mouth and walking towards your figure.