O17

AUTHOR

‍ ‍ ‍ everything was going too fast, too sudden to your liking and this wasn't listed on the list of your imaginary scenarios. the sound of your footsteps was heavy as well as your heart, heaving a sigh too many times to get rid of the quivering in your heart and prepared yourself mentally for what was about to happen. you couldn't quite stand the uneasiness that you were currently feeling, it made you sick to your stomach. barging out of the restaurant without bringing any money, especially when your cellphone was out of battery was such a hassle with the memories of what happened at the dinner earlier came rushing into your mind, you couldn't even think straight. the fresh scent of zephyr that blew over to your cheek almost gives off a melancholy feeling, a fire pit burned inside your stomach with a sense of guilt as you inhaled the air that the earth sends.

‍ ‍ ‍ "kisaki tetta is a bitch." the blonde-haired spoke, going on a circular motion whilst teeth biting her thumb nails. "you should resolve this matter quickly, my dear friend. if i were you, i would've killed myself."

‍ ‍ ‍ your mouth opened but closed when you realized that you couldn't think of a way to say what was going on inside your head. "bullshit, even hakkai couldn't save me earlier. i didn't even know who kisaki is." giggling, you took the opportunity to throw your slipper to the female which erupted a loud laughters from you once again.

‍ ‍ ‍ "what about the male we met at the amusement park? is he not your boyfriend? what's your schedule tomorrow?"

‍ ‍ ‍ "ah, i have a lot of matters to talk to him. i was supposed to work at the cafe but our manager texted me that the cafe is closed tomorroe for some reason. i'll probably just lay on the bed the whole day, i need to get some sleep and unpack tomorrow. i can't go back to the place where i'm staying right now."

‍ ‍ ‍ "oh! a milk can help."

‍ ‍ ‍ thanking your friend, you heaved a sigh before entering your room. for the first time in years, her room was clean and no single dust displaying around could be seen in your vision. a sweet smell of nostalgia filled through the room, a medium-sized bed for one person only was covered in a neat white sheet and next to it was a desk that used to have a lot of book stuff that you own. the words that your father and brother said were still ringing through your head when you laid yourself on the bed, slightly bouncing and even you never knew the way to stop the voices inside your head- halfway through staring into the white ceiling never seemed to help as well. the more you close your eyes, the more the scene yesterday kept repeating. if only to keep your mind distracted, you plugged the earphones into your cellphone and played the voice mail that ran had sent to you last week, when you were bawling your eyes out after someone had chased you to the club. a soothing voice filled your ears, it felt like a piece of music to your ears. rindou's voice was calming yet deep and it somehow calmed your messy thoughts.

‍ ‍ ‍ you quietly smiled to yourself once the voicemail ended, burying your face in the soft pillow with your stomach getting butterflies. thinking about ran's disappointed face when he founds out that you moved out made something in your stomach to twist in guilt. only just now did you realize how you truly felt bad for leaving their house without any notice, no letters or texts to leave. what would he feel if he sees the room you used to stay in empty? will he not care? will he be upset? all you could do was silently apologize and once your mind was finally cleared, you found yourself drifting to dreamland.

‍ ‍ ‍ you don't know how long you've been sleeping but when you glanced to your phone, it was already three in the morning and your blank thoughts were interrupted once a caller appeared on the screen. without any thoughts running through your mind, you slowly bough the phone next to your ears after letting out a small yawn.