O14

AUTHOR

‍‍ ‍ ‍ sliding the curtains to the side, the soothing sound of the birds chirping outside echoed through your ears as the sunlight shined through the room.  you yawned, your mouth hanging open slightly as you tried your best not to fall asleep right then and there. it wasn't a minute before your alarm started ringing– a sign that it was time to do your morning routine. getting up and grabbing your toothbrush you began brushing your teeth, gradually becoming more awake by the minute. once everything was in place, you turned off the alarm on your phone and went downstairs for breakfast.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ the moment you came down, rindou was already leaning on the kitchen counter, holding a cup of coffee in his left hand with a piece of a cigarette between his finger. a small smile stretched at the corner of his lips and whistled at your presence as his good morning greeting. you gave a slight nod to him, walking towards him with a slow pace, taking the empty seat next to him. he offered the open pack of cigarettes to you which you declined with a shake of your head. he took one of them and lit it up, taking several steps back before throwing himself onto the chair next to yours with an audible puff of smoke filling the air.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "going somewhere?" you asked, sending the purple-haired a smile as you swung the fridge open, slowly taking the strawberry jam inside.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "yeah, i'm meeting someone today. what about you? thought you had no part time today." rindou answered, slightly cocking his head to one side.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "well, yeah. i'm hanging out with my friends today!"

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "should i drive you there?"

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "no! i can go there by myself. goodbye, and have fun at your meeting!" with that, you slammed the door closed as soon as you stepped outside. leaving the purple-haired clueless at your sudden awkward behavior. a soft sigh left his lips before exhaling the smoke of his cigarette, soon after filling the whole area. he wasn't going to bother looking for you, you were already gone anyway.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ the sky was blue along with the puffy clouds as you pushed the door with trembling hands, the bell ringing when you slowly stepped inside. inhaling the coffee aroma throughout the whole place, cold air has spread throughout your whole body but it was chilling at the same time. this is exactly what you wanted during the sunny days of summer— you were sweating in the thick layers of clothes as the warmth seeped into every part of your skin, making your hair and clothes cling to your body. your eyes scanned around the store looking for the familiar sight that was always there yet somehow you still managed to enjoy yourself in the heat of the summer day as you headed towards the counter.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "welcome to tenjiku café, ma'am. please enjoy your stay." the workers greeted you with a smile before you proceeded to the seat where emma was waiting for your arrival.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ everything was quiet, soft mutters and mumbles were the only things that you can hear among the tables that you had passed by. emma was sitting on the chairs next to the transparent wall where she can view the people crossing the streets. she was wearing one of her brown cardigan, and a white turtleneck underneath with a matching white skirt. it was a nice contrast to her cardigan and a brown flat shoes. in fact, she looks rather cute with all that clothing. her hair is loose, a little bit of makeup in her face, but what she does have are the few bangs sticking together from how hard she ran her hand through them.

"y/n, i've been waiting for you!" she called, waving her hands at you.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "sorry i'm late, i accidentally got involved with the murder scene near to my apartment and almost got sent to the jail."