OO8

AUTHOR

‍‍ ‍ ‍ by the time rindou had placed his lips against yours, the footsteps were becoming increasingly louder and a group of average-height people were coming into view. to your luck, the footsteps finally disappeared. everything happened too quickly, but you knew what rindou was getting at when he did what he had to do. and even though it seemed so out of character for him, the kiss he gave wasn't like those they'd show in the movie, but more chaste nature. beefore you could even grasp what was happening, your world was abruptly enveloped in brightness and heat, and you started coughing as if the air's oxygen had been forcibly forced out of your lungs.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "they left."

‍‍ ‍ ‍ rindou gave you a relieved glance as his thin fingers twitched against your icy skin. he then took a step backward to give you some breathing room until you lost awareness of his warm embrace surrounding your body. the purple-haired didn't dare to even say a word since he never wanted to see the disappointment in your eyes. you were well aware that he was making a concerted effort to avoid acting in a way that would make him appear more friendly than anything else.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "mr. haitani?"

‍‍ ‍ ‍ something twisted inside his stomach, there was a short pause for a moment while rindou stood frozen in his spot. then, a soft voice called his name out that pulled him back to reality. "mr. haitani, your phone's ringing."

‍‍ ‍ ‍ before the number could fade away from the screen, he forced himself to dig the phone inside his pocket as he turned his back to you and started walking away without any farewell.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "hmm, it was all too sudden. the inferno members are of a greater number than we expected but the three of us managed to beat some of them," rindou spoke with confidence in his voice. even though anger was written all over his face, his footsteps were heavy each steps he take.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ a low hum escaped through his lips before ending the call and as soon as he saw you tailing behind him, rindou cocked his head to one side with a slight frown. his eyes were staring at you with some kind of emotions that you couldn't quite put a finger on. "why are you following me?"

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "your face is bleeding," you replied.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ the purple-haired pupils widened, his mouth opened and closed as if he was trying to find the right words but in the end, he chose to shut his mouth. "i'm fine, don't worry. aren't you going to come back there?"

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "let me come with you."

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "it's too dangerous for a girl like you."

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "i'm not that kind of a person." you were tempted to scoff but you held yourself from doing it, grabbing the male's wrist and pulled him to the exit door.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ it wasn't that long before rindou was finally free from your grip. as quickly as the two of you exited the place, the van wherein the others had been ready, stopped in front. you went inside without a second thought, rindou following. sighing, you took a seat and turned to look out the window. as you looked through the window, you failed to desired to mention anything. it took some time to get comfortable in and sundry settled in, however eventually, they did so with only a few bruises and bumps on their faces. takeomi didn't took that long to arrive at a large mansion, and all of you immediately got out of the car.

‍‍ ‍ ‍ "there's a lot of injured people are getting sent off at the hospital today because they got involved in the mess," kokonoi spoke, traveling his gaze anywhere until it landed on yours, a bright smile appeared on his face immediately.