O13

AUTHOR

‍ ‍ ‍ there was no doubt that today's celebration would be dull. it was late in the afternoon when you found yourself standing at the stairs, eyes gradually grew accustomed to the bright lights produced by the lavish ceiling lights. both hands were crossed under your chest while you leaned your hips against the stair railings and looked around the hallway, the air was scented of a variety of foods, including spaghetti, fried meats, and chickens. the last people to enter was a man in his late fifties dressed in a black simple suit while the woman beside him wore a white floral dress. simple, yet expensive looking. a group of elderly people were conversing at a table with wine of other beverages in their hands.

‍ ‍ ‍ you couldn't believe how luxurious taiju's home had grown, despite the fact that you had just recently moved away. every single light source on the ceiling was turned on, as if they were heading to a huge party, bigger than a birthday party. dressed in a modest red off-the-shoulder dress, the heels on your feet weren't doing anything better to your likings, and your face appeared pale from the lack of sleep.  the red dress that hugged your body was made of fine fabric, a little bit ticklish and it fell down past to your knees. even though the event was just merely starting, it have taken a drain on you already.

‍ ‍ ‍ "i just find it strange..." the ginger-haired trailed off, a faint sound of her footsteps filled your ears as she slowly walked up to where you were standing. "why does it look like you're having a hard time to walk properly?"

you faced the female after clearing your throat. "i don't think i can balance myself with the heels that taiju picked for us. do you have a spare one, a flat shoe, to be precise?"

‍ ‍ ‍ yuzuha had an uninterested look on her face when she wandered her gaze to the vast hall, tapping her foot against the marble stairway in an effort to recognize any familiar faces. all of the guest were wearing the same expression on their faces; some she recognized and the others who she assumed were just important figures which meant only one thing, the female had to put facade of being interested with taiju's date of birth. it almost seemed like half the entire world was here to celebrate her brother's birthday. much to your dismay, the ginger-haired shook her head as a reply to your questions.

‍ ‍ ‍ "taiju said he picked his time to find a dress for us. i'd chose to endure wearing this rather than upsetting him, you know who he is when he's mad." she smiled, patting your shoulder before making her way to blend in well with the crowd with her bright hair bouncing behind her whenever she lifted a leg to walk until she was fully absorbed by everyone else. you watched her walk away and wondered how she was able to keep up the pretense without encountering any difficulties, and the majority of these people also possessed this talent as well, it wasn't anything new to you since you were one more among many. 

‍ ‍ ‍ a certain blue-haired male had stopped you when you were about to turn your heels back to your room, he was dressed in a simple back clothing that went well with the hue of his skin; the ends of his sleeves were pulled up, and a huge piercing hung from his right ears. hakkai's visage is identical to how others describe him, he has the capacity to attract any woman he desires despite the noticeable scar on his lips. others may have found him to be rather intimidating, but you did not. it was because to how well you and he got along, even when the two of you aren't that much of affectionate siblings, he was actually a soft person beneath all the tough exterior.

‍ ‍ ‍ "hey wait up! y/n, do you know where taiju is? the party isn't going to start if he's not present..."

‍ ‍ ‍ "i have no idea where he is and i don't want to know where he went. maybe he visited his sugar baby real quick, or maybe not. i haven't seen him since i woke up from slumber and also, if someone asks where i went, tell them to fuck off."