O19

AUTHOR

‍ ‍ ‍ "you should've known better. i cannot believe what you just did, little girl. what do you think are they going to say?"

‍ ‍ ‍ "it will die down in a week, it'll be as if nothing happened."

‍ ‍ ‍ "don't underestimate the things they can do, they don't know how to deal with anger like this. there is only one way to do it and that's by killing someone. no matter who it is. what are you gonna do now? are you ready for all of that? they're gonna find you and then they'll kill you, you'd be dead before anyone realizes what happened. no one is out there who can protect you. sanzu? what a funny joke." the blue-haired male spoke, each syllables were firm but his tone wasn't different from the usual. his expression was stern, almost frightening, but not quite enough for someone to understand the seriousness of the situation. it was like looking at an adult with a child that had done something terrible.

‍ ‍ ‍ "this is all your fault, not mine. you were the one who put me here in the first place by arranging me as his wife. what do we even have to live for, you selfish bastard." your voice grew colder than before as you continued to speak, "you have no rights to blame me for it. i never asked you to do it. you always do stupid shit when there's no need for it. if you cared about me, you wouldn't treat me this way, none of this would be happening!" there are tears gathering in your eyes but it wasn't spilling, and the way your heart felt on the brink of shattering at every moment made it hard for you to stay focused. it was difficult for you to keep a steady grip on the situation because you could feel your mind losing its focus. you couldn't stand the sight of those eyes that stared back at yours anymore, they didn't reflect anything good. they seemed soulless and devoid of all emotion, you wanted it all to disappear- you wanted him gone, it's like you wanted him dead.

‍ ‍ ‍ "you should really learn some respect," your husband replied, raising his hand and letting out a sigh, the sound of his palm striking against your cheek echoed throughout your room. the feeling that came through your body was overwhelming, you felt weak, your chest tightened up so much you couldn't breathe properly anymore. you felt as if it would be easier if you suffocated right then and there. that thought alone broke through the surface of your consciousness. there was nothing you could do at that point- it felt like an eternity has passed since he slapped your face, but it must've been five minutes ago, or ten seconds. everything seemed to blend into one, leaving behind nothing but pain. your breathing became heavy and shallow as your eyes began to burn. the more you thought about how bad it hurt, the worse it got. the image of those yellow orbs staring back at you made you sick. it was as if the personification of hatred was staring right at you and you couldn't stop yourself from crying. "do it again, i'm not done with you."

‍ ‍ ‍ you felt your hands gripping onto your dress's sleeves, as if trying to escape the hellhole you were trapped in. taiju grabbed onto your wrist and pulled you closer to him, wrapping his arms around the collar of your shirt. "i won't let you." you were lifted from the ground, causing for you to have a hard time to catch up for ait but instead of struggling like you always do, you laughed with eyes wide open. it was as if your sanity had vanished, and had gone bonkers. maybe you really did. your laughter sounded like it belongs to a stranger rather than your own self. it brought fear and disgust, taiju couldn't bear to look at you anymore. he knew how to handle others, yet you were different. taiju knew that your temper tantrum and constant arguing had grown too much to bear. you were beginning to get to the point where you were completely unpredictable. he couldn't control you anymore. there was only your madness, and your suffering. the sound of your laughing echoed throughout the empty room, creating a beautiful symphony in contrast to taiju's violent words. "don't be silly, taiju. i'm not scared. there is no reason for me to be afraid of you." you spoke, smile remained intact.