Chapter 15

"Bernard?" I exclaimed.

Well it made sense. They were sitting next to each other yesterday, talking and laughing.

She nodded.

"How was it?" I asked her.

"It was good." She told me, finally grinning.

"It all happened so fast." I commented.

She nodded. "Yeah, I know. I mean... I don't know what it was." She said. "Let's just see how it goes."

"Yeah..." I said.

We heard our names being called and hurried up to join everyone. I looked at the bleachers and saw Neymar Sr with Bruna and a few other people. One of them, a girl with long brown hair and a baseball hat was holding Davi in her lap.

"Let's start warming up." Scolari said. "You know, the usual."

With a sigh I started running. I saw David's curly hair and run towards him.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi Livvie." He answered. He didn't seem very happy.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I had seen David at breakfast with an older guy I assumed was his father. He seemed in a good mood then.

"Nothing." He said.

"You can talk to me, you know." I said.

He eyed me carefully. "It's just... I expected somebody to be here today and she wasn't." He told me.

"That's tough." I said.

"We talked, a couple days ago. She said she'd come."

"Do you think something happened to her?" I asked.

"No, I know nothing happened. Except she changed her mind."

I didn't know what to say, mainly because I knew nothing about it, so I didn't pressure him. "We can talk about, after practice?" I asked.

He nodded and we continued running. After we finished our laps, I ran for my water bottle.

"I am exhausted." I said.

"By the end of the world cup you will do twice as much without breaking a sweat." David yelled at me.

I chuckled. When I went back, they were doing stretching exercises in pairs.

"Come here." David told me. I approached. He raised his leg towards me.

"Why are you giving me your leg?" I asked, not touching it. Neymar and Dani who were doing their exercises next to us laughed.

"You are supposed to help me stretch." David said, his leg dangerously approaching my face.

"No thanks." I said, moving it away with my hand.

"Oh c'mon."

With a sigh I grabbed his leg as he did his stretching exercises.

"Do you want me to help you do yours?" He asked.

"No thanks."

"Are you sure? We don't want you to start cramping." He said trying to keep a straight face. Meanwhile Dani was laughed so hard he kneeled down. Neymar could barely hold his laughter.

"You are all idiots." I said and started walking away, seemingly mad but in truth, I didn't want them to see me laugh.

"Hey don't be mad." Dani yelled after me.

I turned around and run back towards David who had his back on me and climbed to his back.

"Don't think I won't headlock you." I said as I wrapped my legs around him. He pulled his hands below my legs to steady me and started running.