Chapter 46

If you read this story please take a second to vote on the chapters you like, it would mean a lot! xx

~

I raised my hand to wave at her as soon as I saw her. She let out a smile when she saw me and headed my way.

"Liv. Hey." She said giving me a hug. "I'm so glad you called."

"Hey Sarah." I told her as she sat on the stool next to mine. We met on the bar of the hotel. "I only have a few minutes because I have practice with Neymar." I told her.

"Okay. What did you want to talk about?" She asked me.

"Theo."

She went white. "What-? How-" She took a deep breath. "How do you know his name Liv? Does David-?"

I nodded.

"How?" She asked again.

"That's why I called you. He's been talking to Bruna."

"Shit. What did she tell him?"

"I don't know Sarah. We can't get into it with him this close to the game. I am not even supposed to know. Thiago told me."

"Who knows what lies she fed him... She always hated me." Sarah said, her face betraying how anxious she was. "And he isn't returning my calls."

"That why you have to tell me everything." I told her.

"Liv..."

"No Sarah, really. After the game we have to make this right. But I can't help you if I don't know the facts."

"I can't..." She looked like she was on the verge of crying.

"But why not?" I asked her gently when my phone rang. "Sorry." I said, taking my phone out to look at the text. "It's Neymar. He says we have to go." I told her.

"Go. Go, it's okay."

"Sarah... it can't be that bad." I told her.

"I don't know what Bruna told him, but if she told him the truth... Then it's bad."

I went back to the lobby where Neymar and coach Coto were waiting for me. "Let's go!" Coach Coto said.

"Drinking it up in the bar, are we?" Neymar asked me.

"I was actually meeting Sarah." I said in a whisper.

"Is everything okay?" He asked me, seeing the worry on my face.

"Far from it." I told him.

"Why?"

"I don't know." He looked at me quizzically. "I'll tell you everything in the car."

Indeed when we stepped outside I saw a black SUV waiting for us. We only had to pass by a sea of journalists to get there. I had never seen so many and this time there were cameras and crew from the biggest channels from all over the globe that had travelled to cover the World Cup. And this... was news. We were news.

"Where are you going?" I heard. Someone grabbed my hand. People were shouting in English and Portuguese. "Is this your girlfriend?" "NEYMAR!"

"C'mon Olivia." Coach Coto said as he urged me forward. The hotel stuff made way for us to pass through.

"Oh my God." I said as soon as we got in.

"Sorry for that guys. I had no idea." Coach Coto said as he settled on the passenger seat.

"You okay?" Neymar asked me.

"I'm fine, thanks." I said, looking outside at the people who knocked on our windows even though they couldn't see inside. I took my phone out and plugged in the earbuds.