Christmas Special

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope you're having a good time on your holidays so far!

To thank you all for reading, voting and commenting on the story, I wrote a Neymar POV before the first game with Croatia, halfway through Chapter 47! I hope you like it! xx

~

Neymar's POV

"Good luck Neymar." She said looking up at me. I pondered what I should say, but alas the moment passed and she left the locker room followed by her friends.

What was wrong with me? The most important game of my life would start in a few minutes and I was almost uninterested in it. All I thought about was Liv and the mistakes the both of us made that brought us to where we are today.

Maybe my father was right, this whole thing was distracting me from what I had to do. But sometimes I wondered, was the game worth all the sacrifices?

"What's up man?" Thiago who was sitting next to me asked.

"Nothing. Just waiting." I said evasively.

"You two will work things out." He said, patting my back. "After the game."

I chuckled. "I'm not so sure." I told him. "I've told her how I feel; the ball is in her court now."

"It doesn't work like that mate, take it from me." Thiago said, letting out a big breath.

"What do you mean?"

"Someone like Liv, for whatever reason she doesn't trust people easily. You have to be persistent. Giving her space is the last thing you want to do."

"Do you mean I should annoy her into being with me? That sounds mature." I said sarcastically.

Thiago chuckled. "Not exactly. You have to make her understand you are not going anywhere; you are in it for the long haul. She just needs to keep her feet firmly on the ground man, to feel safe."

"That makes sense... But I wonder... I wonder why."

"She'll tell you when she's ready I guess."

"Everyone let's go, it's time." I heard Scolari say and Thiago jumped to his feet.

"Push it all out of your mind now, we have a game to win." Thiago told me and I nodded.

I took a deep breath and as I entered the field to thousands of people screaming for me and for my country, my mind was as clear as a blue sky on a sunny day. I had a game to win. I had been waiting for this my whole life and it was finally coming true. Not a lot of people can say the same in their lives, I was always aware of how lucky I was. I got to make my dream come true. And now I'd take it all the way.